Just fitted this Lost Model Alarm .... works really well

Reaction score
Anti-lost GPS Aircraft Flight Control Tracker Black Box For DJI Phantom 3 Drone | eBay

858299859A8DF696E60A9A8C8B90279A929CFF26932616732343D245CE6399CCD253C8162FCDD293CA6633D273FF036316466323162693039DC8F5CD.jpg

Yes its 2G ... I went into local sim shop and asked them ... they threw a $2 PAYG card on counter and said ... We really do not know if it will work - but for $2 ? Worth a try !! ...

Well I registered the card in a phone - rec'd message saying it had 10mins credit ...

Put it in the Alarm unit .... did the 000 .... sms back to my phone saying accepted ... did the DW bit and it came back with a map showing location !

Magic ...

Nigel

I do so love cheap solutions, be prepared for them all asking where in the States you bought that. Most on here will have no idea what the Solent is and where in Nevada, Latvia is.
I do miss waking up to seeing the Needles from my bedroom window.

Sounds like a good solution. Don't forget that most PAYG credits only last for a limited period...you don't want to find you've run out on the day it goes missing!

Has anyone tried the £5 bluetooth keyfob things for finding lost pets and kids?

The Bluetooth fobs ... iTracing units are only good for about 30 - 50ft unless in an empty car park ... then about 75ft. They only use BT 4 and need later 4.4 Android ... many later android do not have BT 4 ... as I found out !! I have two of these units - only one works actually !! But yes it works but very short range.

Needles .... My last UK home was Hayling Island - had a Summer Holiday Home there and yacht in the Marina. Proper home last one was in Cowplain then I got divorced etc.
My two sons grown up and live in Portsmouth.
Solentlife name comes from as you guessed it ... living and enjoying sailing on the Solent.

Cheers
Nigel

Sounds like a good solution. Don't forget that most PAYG credits only last for a limited period...you don't want to find you've run out on the day it goes missing!

The trick with PAYG ... you must keep topped up and at least one call before expiry ... many countrys will allow them to run for 1 year if you do that.

Nigel

Reactions: Dandesbo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl