Just enrolled into a professional UAV pilot course

Reaction score
I've just enrolled into a RPQ-s UAV training course here in the UK. It will allow (if I pass that is) to do paid for ariel work, as long as I get the 3rd party liability insurance.

Its being run by established Resource Group here in the UK. I'll let you know what its like, course does not start 'till December, is spread of 2-3 days with remote work, an examine a practicle.

Anyone have a RPS-q or another UAV type qualification, maybe a US one? Interested in any feedback.

Cheers

I've done the BNUC-S with Euro USC to get my permission for aerial work, it's pretty much the same course as the RPS-q, just with a different name. Expect it to take between 4 - 5 months to complete after you have written your Operation Manual and sent off your application for permission for aerial work to the CAA.
Just be aware that completing this course doesn't entitle you to do paid work, you still have to wait for the piece of paper from the CAA.
Expect to invest about £2000 in total with course and insurance.
Make sure you read all the theory papers before the written test!

Reactions: nickyb
I've done the BNUC-S with Euro USC to get my permission for aerial work, it's pretty much the same course as the RPS-q, just with a different name. Expect it to take between 4 - 5 months to complete after you have written your Operation Manual and sent off your application for permission for aerial work to the CAA.
Just be aware that completing this course doesn't entitle you to do paid work, you still have to wait for the piece of paper from the CAA.
Expect to invest about £2000 in total with course and insurance.
Make sure you read all the theory papers before the written test!
Thanks for the info....Yes, I'll do my homework.

Out of interest how much would insurance roughly cost? Cheers Nick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers