Just did a p4 battery mod, but my p4 doesnt seem to notice the 2 external batteries

Reaction score
Just modded my p4 but it doesn't seem to be noticing the 2 4000mah 4s multistar batteries. Flight time is 10 mins, when I turn off the dji battery it stays on from the 2 external ones. I plug them in right away soon as I turn the phantom on first. Can anyone help with this problem? Do I wait for the aircraft to be done initializing ? Thanks in advance.

Flight time is 10 minutes - with the battery mod?

The way DB explained it to me, and assuming you did the mod correctly, it's best to leave the external batteries disconnected as you fire up the Phantom. After it boots up, marks home point, finds satellites, etc. and when you're all set and ready to launch, connect the external batteries. The additional power will be invisible to you, as the app will only show the Phantom battery. But you should find that the voltage will drop more slowly than normal which gives you additional flight time.

The risk is, when the external batteries are depleted, the power showing on your app will suddenly start dropping more quickly than you expect. That's why you want to connect them last - just before you launch.

Hey I tried that and I just connected 1 battery this time, a multistar 4s 4000mah 10c lipo , tried 2 earlier , no extra flight time, when I try to charge the lipo, I know its suppose to charge at 4a but the charger keeps auto putting it back to 2a when I try to charge it on 4a, and it stops after 2 and a half hours, could this have something to do with it?

Hey I tried that and I just connected 1 battery this time, a multistar 4s 4000mah 10c lipo , tried 2 earlier , no extra flight time, when I try to charge the lipo, I know its suppose to charge at 4a but the charger keeps auto putting it back to 2a when I try to charge it on 4a, and it stops after 2 and a half hours, could this have something to do with it?
Sounds to me you didn't have the battery charged initially when you flew and got no extra time, am I wrong? I get 20 min from my p4 without a battery mod, how can you get only 10?

Flight time is 10 minutes - with the battery mod?

The way DB explained it....

The risk is, when the external batteries are depleted, the power showing on your app will suddenly start dropping more quickly than you expect. That's why you want to connect them last - just before you launch.
All batteries will deplete equally when connected in parallel using the mod. There should be no different pattern of depletion rate toward the end of the flight, versus a stock battery. Voltages do drop faster toward the end, but the pattern should be the same rate when comparing stock versus modified.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers