Just crashed!!!!

Reaction score
I just had a small chrash while landing in the wind and the drone decided it wasn't on the ground when it was just setting down and the wind blew it I've and flipped it into the rocks. It was about the equivalent of dropping it upside down from about 2 cm. Maybe more. Should I worry about the internals besides recalibrating or should that do the trick

Sorry to read!

It's probably fine. Any damage to the propellers?

I just had a small chrash while landing in the wind and the drone decided it wasn't on the ground when it was just setting down and the wind blew it I've and flipped it into the rocks. It was about the equivalent of dropping it upside down from about 2 cm. Maybe more. Should I worry about the internals besides recalibrating or should that do the trick
watch some videos on hand catching you wont have those problems when landing

Reactions: Mfoster82
Maybe an excuse for some carbon blades?

I believe most flyers here prefer the plastic props from DJI, I know I do. They flex and thus are more forgiving when contacting something that is not air, being it a fence, tree, or finger. A carbon prop would probably shatter (break) when it encounters a fence or a tree, but would probably gash you good if it encountered skin.

Pete (in my avatar) ran carbon fiber props once and look what it did.

Besides the plastic ones from DJI are so inexpensive that there is really no excuse not to have a couple of sets in your case or bag.

Good point except if you hit a fence or tree I'm not worried about the props lol

OK, fair enough. What about hitting a light-fixture, flag-pole, or something that's higher in elevation where you may have a chance to recover the aircraft safely with a bent, or distorted prop vs. one where the prop broke and goes tumbling to the ground.

I really don't know why I'm trying to dissuade from this so I'll bow out now...

I wouldn't recalibrate anything. I'd simply take it for a test flight and see if all is well. There's really no way for us to know what, if any, damage was done to the electronics, etc.

The electronics should be fine and I'll second timmer's thoughts on the carbon blades. I have tried both and see no advantage to them except they look cool.

After a few close calls with tall grass and close structure landings I only now hand catch on every landing. Practice and watch the videos posted. Take note to face the bird in the same direction (I personally face away) each time when on approach so that if lift or pitch is bumped it is going away from your head/face. Once you get it it will be all you do. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20