Just broke UV-filter

Reaction score
Hello phantom owners I need help to decide if its better to buy some filters like polar 3-pack or should I buy the original UV filter.
What I mean is that either I buy the Uv filter from DJI or the filters pack from polar, will I still need the uv filter in some cases or I will be fine without the uv filter?
Which option is the best?

The UV filter is only really needed when shooting at night or in very low lighting conditions. If those situations don't apply, then you should be fine as long as you have an ND4.

I wouldn't fly without a filter on. You will have a chance to damage the lens!

ND filter is the way to go! I don't even use my stock clear filter anymore unless I am flying in low light indoor situation.

For outdoor, I will use either a ND8 or ND16

Thank you both for replying, so in the night shots, can I use nd4? The idea is to buy the 3 pack filter and not buy uv filter so if nd4 works well I have no doubt I will buy the 3 pack from polar or similar

Thank you both for replying, so in the night shots, can I use nd4? The idea is to buy the 3 pack filter and not buy uv filter so if nd4 works well I have no doubt I will buy the 3 pack from polar or similar

I wouldn't use ND filter at night. You need as much light to enter the camera as possible, so you will have a lower ISO to give you better quality images/videos!

And IMO, for outdoor sunny day, ND8 or 16 are the ones to consider. ND4 won't slow down the shutter enough to the point that I like for my video style.

Most sets do not come with a UV filter since it comes stock with the P3. If needed, there are a few places to buy the DJI UV filter here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik