Just bought P3 4K - should I update firmware out of the box?

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of issues about firmware upgrading. Should I update it out of the box or just use what's pre-installed? Are the issues more so with the standard version or 4K, or both?

I have not had no problem with firmware update at all

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

just fly it way it is before doing any firmware upgrades

I too haven't had any issues, updated my standard right out of the box about a month ago. Yesterday was standing in our yard at work in the middle of container trailers and warehouse with a lot of wifi and still flew out one way over 2500' with no signal problems.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Should I update it out of the box or just use what's pre-installed? Are the issues more so with the standard version or 4K, or both?
A majority of the issues are caused by people not installing the firmware properly. The P34K is easy to upgrade though since the firmware is installed from within DJI GO. Just follow the prompts in DJI GO.

Appreciate all the replies, I guess I'll go ahead and upgrade the firmware through the app. Could not be more pumped to get this thing in the sky.

i got my 4k and updated the fw right out of the box too. very easy since everything is through the DJI app. took over 20mins so be sure your batteries are charged.
still havent fly it yet since im waiting for Neary Aerial to say im insured....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.