Just bought first drone won't work

Reaction score
Just bought the PS3 yesterday. Charged battery and controller. Tried to connect the controller and I phone via wifi - says not able to contect and drone has all red lights.
Read on here that it means critical error ?
Can anyone help with this ?
Can I use iPhone 6
Critical error ?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Is this a brand new P3S or one you picked up second hand? An iPhone 6 is fine to use. I use a 6+.

Be sure your not picking up your home wifi and that you are connecting to the TX. It will be labeled Phantom and have some numbers.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Is this a brand new P3S or one you picked up second hand? An iPhone 6 is fine to use. I use a 6+.

Be sure your not picking up your home wifi and that you are connecting to the TX. It will be labeled Phantom and have some numbers.
I purchased it new from target

So go to your wifi settings on the phone and check to see if you are already connected to any other wifi signals. If the phone is connected to one it will not connect to the Phantom without you directing it there.

I turned off all other wifi links. The phantom shows up on my list, I click on it and it says my 12341234 is incorrect.

Try this... hold the scroll wheel all the way up and flick the S2 switch (top left) up and down 3 or more times and the power light will flash. Turn off the TX, turn on the TX, now try the 12341234 password. You can change that in the app settings if you wish once your connected.

Try this... hold the scroll wheel all the way up and flick the S2 switch (top left) up and down 3 or more times and the power light will flash. Turn off the TX, turn on the TX, now try the 12341234 password. You can change that in the app settings if you wish once your connected.

Ok, I will give that a try and let you know if that works. Really appreciate the help.

Ok, I followed these instructions and controller did what you said it would do. My iPhone is saying incorrect password.

You are using 12341234?
Try deleting the app and reinstalling, if that fails, try a hard reboot of the iPhone by holding both the power & home button down until you get the apple logo. After it reboots try again.

Do you see the green bind button/light on the side of the quad when you turn on the quad & tx?

You are using 12341234?
Try deleting the app and reinstalling, if that fails, try a hard reboot of the iPhone by holding both the power & home button down until you get the apple logo. After it reboots try again.

Do you see the green bind button/light on the side of the quad when you turn on the quad & tx?

I am reinstalling the app now... I did see the green light yes...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl