P3 Firmware Just another firmware question

Reaction score
Ok so I decided to update to the latest and greatest firmware. Have not had any issues with any of the others I have do so far. So I did everything I was suppose to and all seemed well. The aircraft did its beeping for about ten minutes and signaled it was done. Put the next battery in and same thing. Beeped for about ten minutes then signaled it was done. Shut the aircraft down. Checked the SIM card and is shows success. Erased everything as I normally do since I only have the two batteries and don't need the bin file again. Turned on the remote and iPad then aircraft. All seems well. Went into the screen that says about. Remote shows its latest firmware. Aircraft and battery show unknown firmware. Tried to reinstall and nothing happens. Still shows unknown. I have not flow the aircraft but everything seems normal.
So has anybody else run into this? Is there solution?

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Thank you for the response. There was not an update for the rc this time around. I believe it is only for the aircraft and batteries to fix the cold weather issues. I have been out of pocket for a bit so have not had the time to mess with it. I am going to downgrade back to the 1.4 then try again and see if the same thing happens

Have firmware 1.4.30+ on controller -- 1.4.10+ on Quad Comes up that an update is required. Somewhere I read that if I dont update regularly I wont be able to update to a later version in time (ie; missing out in between updates) and later will not operate. Also if updates are done incorrectly and the Phantom crashes how will this effect my warranty.

I am in South Australia. Rang dealer here who sold it to me and was told. 1. Not sure whether updates would have to be progressively installed ( ie missing out of in between updates) 2. If an update was unknowingly installed incorrectly and Quad was crashed you would not be covered by your warranty. Leads me to think that I should get the dealer to install updates as they become available as this would then maintain my cover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues