Just about to pull the trigger......

Reaction score
What else should I look at?

P4 w. 3 extra batteries, charging hub, car charger, hood, and lanyard. Have a new AT&T Mini 2 ready to go. Anything I'm overlooking, or should source elsewhere? The DJI filters, for example. Any good?

Oh...must find a case as well.

Extra memory cards! And spare props (when you have them, you'll never need them... and vice versa!)

The drone comes with 2 sets (i.e. 1 extra) of props.

I have 2.5 extra sets (that makes 3.5 in the spares bin) and still using the original set!

Okay, so an additional set of full props. What else? I'll probably let this run a day before ordering. LOL I hate pre-purchase jitters. Son got a new phone so I went ahead and grabbed the $50 Mini 2. Seemed like a no-brainer.

Reactions: Reed L
Memory Cards.... Many 16Gb cards is probably a better strategy than 1 humongous one.

I'm not sure what an AT&T Mini 2 is, I'm assuming a tablet? Make sure its compatible.

That'll work. The iPad Mini 2 (or higher) is a recommended device.

The iPad Mini 2 will definitely be okay. Run it with these settings for the best possible performance.

You really should google before responding
I always do if I don't know the answer before responding ;)

And, I agree -- the iPad Mini 4 is a stellar choice. I did not mention it above though.

Any thoughts on hoods? Any one better than the other?
Most devices are hard to see in direct sunlight. You'd be better off by either not flying in direct sunlight or getting a device that has a anti-reflective coating -- like an iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, or iPad Pro (the best choice).

I own the Go Professional compact case and the Microraptor Pro case. Both are made well and have high quality interiors. You can find some other commonly used cases here.

You can watch this to give you a few idea's on cases and tools. It shows everything that you will need and how to fit it in. These are P3 cases but Msinger's list of what he has works great. I love my HPRC the most but I wouldn't trade anything.
Here's the link for the HPRC Phantom 4 Box - https://www.amazon.com/HPRC-Hard-Ph...66295&sr=8-1&keywords=HPRC+case+for+Phantom+4

Then the movie and in the description it has some other useful links -

Well....trigger pulled. I ended up going with a Case Club compact case. That should do for now. Now I must sit patiently and wait for it all to come, then off to the local football field for some practice. Thanks again for the input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1