Just a thought

Reaction score
wondering if anyone of you whiz bang experts would know if its possible to run the P3 GPS setup in a P2 Version 2?
Only reason I ask is because I am impressed with the improvements with Sattelites on the P3 and apart from that I am not a fan of the p3 with the camera it runs. But my P2 with the gopro would be perfect if I could catch 9 or more sattelites.
Not even sure if its possible to do but if it i, it would be much cheaper to do that than buying a P3 with that cheap camera they have

Last edited:
No, it's not possible but if you are looking for 9 or more sats, it sounds like you need to do the foil mod (although I thought the plain P2 didn't need that).
I used to commonly have >12 sats on my P2V+ after the foil mod.
ps .. that "cheap" camera is just fine and with the bonus of Lightbridge for control and FPV, the P3 is just magic.

Install a V3 puck and Booster and that will get you more.
I did and have got as many as 15 . 15 sats.PNG I also have the foil mod under the booster b.jpg .

Thanks guys,
Was thinking of ways to improve my fantastic P2 V2.
Meta4, What I meant to say mate was, I cant justify me upgrading to a P3. I am looking at other birds atm and the yuneec Q500+4K is looking good for what i do. But The longer I leave it , the more good things will become available.. I have 3 P2's running gopro, I love that setup. Maybe the version 2 in a P3 might be more what i expected the original P3 to me but they run a business and its all about money.
no offence intended.
Thanks again for your reply though buddy.
Cheers
Aneglo

Thanks guys,
Was thinking of ways to improve my fantastic P2 V2.
Meta4, What I meant to say mate was, I cant justify me upgrading to a P3. I am looking at other birds atm and the yuneec Q500+4K is looking good for what i do. But The longer I leave it , the more good things will become available.. I have 3 P2's running gopro, I love that setup. Maybe the version 2 in a P3 might be more what i expected the original P3 to me but they run a business and its all about money.
no offence intended.
Thanks again for your reply though buddy.
Cheers
Aneglo
A P3 V2 :) What ya heard ..when ....who told ya ? :D JK ;)

didn't hear nuttin.
Its a race now between all the others taking sales from each other. So DJI will better their birds a bit at a time so they get more suckers to buy another bird. It's a definate that a new version is happening real soon.
Kinda like gopro, every time they introduce a new gopro they give us a little more so we head off to buy it. The 4 K cameras are not worth the dollars YET ! Once they hit higher frame rates then it becomes interesting.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.