Just a Hero3 GoPro Question

Reaction score
I took my Phantom out today for the first flight with the GoPro Hero 3 Silver attached.

I used the mount that came with it and took off. I noticed in my video that I was recording both props. So I tilted it down and then I was seeing the landing mounts a little. Is there a trick to it or is it just about setting it up right on the mount?

Thanks!

A good way to set the angle is to use the wifi app before powering on the phantom. Use this to set the angle and then make sure you turn the wifi off on the gopro before your flight as it could possibly interfere with the radio signal.

Another thing about the gopro is to use medium instead of wide. I like it better. Wide just takes in too much for me. Can'twait to get my Phantom. Can't do it till I get off the road. If I had ordered it sooner I could have taken it with me on the road. Oh well. Yeah I prefer the medium aspect ratio.

Tom

I don't have a silver so not sure if its wider then the black in FOV but looking looking forward I dont get the landing gear in shot the way I have mine set. I can aim it in a way that the wides 16:9 modes dont show props or landing gear but also as I use a nd filter the props in frame aren't noticeable anyway.

Here is a video of all the modes and FOV's in the black and these should be similar in the silver except for the modes higher then 1080p but as I said I am not sure if the fov is wider in the silver compared to black which may be possible slightly, as the hero2 is a little wider then the black.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztjLeJXNLd4[/youtube]

I use my gopro for FPV a using medium mode makes fpv tricky as without being able to tilt the cam in the air for fpv I either cant see ahead at high forward pitch angle or below me when going slowly depending on how I set it up. Here is a video showing it in 1440p as I fly mostly for fpv, here you can see the arms and props in frame but also can see how the nd filter makes the props in frame not as big an issue. In the silver the only similar mode is 960p to this and if using it for your fpv feed its worth a try in that mode then for your final video you can crop to 720p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E34obz9qcTw[/youtube]

Shooting in these 4:3 modes have the advantage of seeing more if in fpv and for recorded video you can easily crop to 16:9 mode by going to 1080p or 720p if shooting in 960p.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20