Jumping from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 FW?

Reaction score
Hi,
I plan to upgrade from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 through DJI Go. Can I jump directly or should I go through 1.2.6, 1.3.2 etc...?
Thanks.

DJI say you need to go via 1.3.2 for the controller (Tx) and Battery firmware to update...

All done now, like a breeze.
Was my very first upgrade ever, since 03/2014.. :)

For the ones who wonder (like me) if they can upgrade their Aircraft from 1.1.9 straight to 1.4.0, here is what I did:
I used the "old" method, extracting the data to a SD card formatted in my PC in Fat32
Upgraded just the controller to 1.3.2, not the aircraft.(Used a card reader plugged directly into the controller) Time 3mn.
Then extracted 1.4.0 to the same SD card (after reformatting in my pc in Fat32)
Upgraded the aircraft straight from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0... Time 25mn as expected.
Then upgraded my 3 other batteries, by inserting them and restarting the aircraft with the SD card still in. (upgrade takes about 2 minutes per battery.
Turned off, removed the SD card.
Started the Ipad and went to the app store getting DJI Go 2.2.0

Started the whole thing, enabled multi flight mode, and I can see now the new features, everything is just fine, no message, no warning, just have to fly it now to see if all is ok. I'm sure it is.

Thanks.

Reactions: lotusteve
So the 1.4 in the aircraft will install 1.3 on the batteries?

Also how do you check the batteries firmware?

1.4 on the aircraft is upgrading the batteries to whatever they have to be... Center lights on the battery flashing for a bit, Green light still on the cam, and D... DD saying it's fine.

I don't know how to check the battery firmware.

All done now, like a breeze.
Was my very first upgrade ever, since 03/2014.. :)

For the ones who wonder (like me) if they can upgrade their Aircraft from 1.1.9 straight to 1.4.0, here is what I did:
I used the "old" method, extracting the data to a SD card formatted in my PC in Fat32
Upgraded just the controller to 1.3.2, not the aircraft.(Used a card reader plugged directly into the controller) Time 3mn.
Then extracted 1.4.0 to the same SD card (after reformatting in my pc in Fat32)
Upgraded the aircraft straight from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0... Time 25mn as expected.
Then upgraded my 3 other batteries, by inserting them and restarting the aircraft with the SD card still in. (upgrade takes about 2 minutes per battery.
Turned off, removed the SD card.
Started the Ipad and went to the app store getting DJI Go 2.2.0

Started the whole thing, enabled multi flight mode, and I can see now the new features, everything is just fine, no message, no warning, just have to fly it now to see if all is ok. I'm sure it is.

Thanks.
this is exactly what i have just done to update my p3a from 1.1.9 to 1.4 and all wnr fine.
just need to fly it now. how does yours fly after the update ?.

this is exactly what i have just done to update my p3a from 1.1.9 to 1.4 and all wnr fine.
just need to fly it now. how does yours fly after the update ?.
It flies just fine, np problem whatsoever..:)

Reactions: lotusteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik