July 4th FIREWORKS - who's going up to record?

Reaction score
Here we are - July 4th eve in the US....

Local fireworks will been seen moving from East coast to West coast.

If I'm lucky with the weather I'll tape over the front lights and send the Phantom up to catch the local shows (while not flying over anybody i.e.. thread troll prevention statement!)

Anybody else planning the same?

Reactions: Clampit

If I'm lucky with the weather I'll tape over the front lights and send the Phantom up to catch the local shows (while not flying over anybody i.e.. thread troll prevention statement!)

Yep
I'm shooting with the GoPro 3+ Black from my FC40.
One of our "Super Moderators" shared this with me:

"I will be using these settings with my GoPro 3 Black...

1080p 30fps or 60fps - (60 will give you better slow motion results)
Protune On
White balance 3000K or sometimes I use the RAW setting
ISO Limit 400
"

I'm uploading video right now. One major problem is my drone is a POS! I can only fly LOS and i have no idea what the camera is looking at. I basically went up above and shot looking down. I wanted to fly through them and get great video but again no FPV. I have a P3P and tonight was the second flight with it. Very frustrated w/ the situation!

VIDEO

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
Right guys,

Looks like we are in for some good photos/videos then, happy flying;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm uploading video right now. One major problem is my drone is a POS! I can only fly LOS and i have no idea what the camera is looking at. I basically went up above and shot looking down. I wanted to fly through them and get great video but again no FPV. I have a P3P and tonight was the second flight with it. Very frustrated w/ the situation!

VIDEO

Nice vid 308, like it;) what height was you flying at not to be shot down down by the fireworks?

Like it V much;)

I went up last night. I stayed probably half a mile away but took some great video (at least on the feed!)

It was hard to tell how close I was by looking at the drone versus the fireworks. It was a municipal display so I stayed over a corn field and watched.

Many people on the ground were asking me questions rather than watching the show. Heh.

I'll be up there from 9:20-10:00 or so. Going to see how good I am at operating 2 drones so I don't miss anything. :)

Nice vid 308, like it;) what height was you flying at not to be shot down down by the fireworks?Like it V much;)

I am not sure. I did not have FPV at the time. I basically used LOS and guessed. Because the video is lined up it looks like I guessed well.

Fixed the issues last night w/ the FPV and Pilot app so should get good video today.

I am not sure. I did not have FPV at the time. I basically used LOS and guessed. Because the video is lined up it looks like I guessed well.

Fixed the issues last night w/ the FPV and Pilot app so should get good video today.
Good vid anyways;) very well guessed with LOS, who needs the app:D

Last week , they made it against the law in Tennessee.
Lost me with that one... Can I ask a dumb question, what's against the law in Tennessee?

Sorry I'm from the UK;)

Reactions: dirkclod and Milly
I'll be up there from 9:20-10:00 or so. Going to see how good I am at operating 2 drones so I don't miss anything. :)

I think I'll try two too. :D:D

I got some footage tonight It came out good just have to cut out the boring stuff like the recording in between battery changes but I'll post here when it's done so you can all see

I got some footage tonight It came out good just have to cut out the boring stuff like the recording in between battery changes but I'll post here when it's done so you can all see
Waiting......:D

My footage sucks so bad I won't post it. :(

I'd hate to make someone seasick. Yaw, the FC40 is still screwed up.

I did get to freak a bunch of folks out though. Flew right out of the parking lot and over the top of the Camplex in Gillette, WY. I was only 500 feet from where they were shooting from. Cops are funny sometimes... "There's no law against it"... :)

Fun times, crappy footage... this time.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik