July 2nd - Thousands Unable to Logon

Reaction score
Seems hundreds if not thousands of pilots are grounded with a network unavailable error after the latest upgrade. Wi-Fi is indeed connected, we can see the device on the network, but the Go app can't seem to find it. It's all over the DJI forums.

I knew this logon requirement would bite us in the butt.

I think after the update you need to log back on again. I don't think it's every time. My issue was not seeing the maps on the P4P+ controller. I decided to reload the firmware to fix that issue and poof - now I can't logon. The Android sees the network and I can see it on the network but the Go app appears to be unaware of the connection. Lot's of people beginning to complain.

I just got my P4+ Thursday. I flew it Friday and then got a message that firmware needed to be updated. So today I did. 6 hours of screwing around with this thing and now I'm on this thread. At least now I know it's not me! Relieved and PO'd at the same time.

Seems hundreds if not thousands of pilots are grounded with a network unavailable error after the latest upgrade. Wi-Fi is indeed connected, we can see the device on the network, but the Go app can't seem to find it. It's all over the DJI forums.

Don't worry cause according to the fanboys "nothing's changed " you must be doing something wrong . And there's plenty of them around here .
I went for a flight using the old firmware this morning and everything was normal , bummer about it ruining your weekend hopefully DJI can square it away early next week .

Are you referring to the 3.1.12 GoApp? It's been out since June 26th. I updated last night with no issue. 3.1.11 also required authorization with no issues for those doing so.

BTW, where do you see hundreds if not thousands who cannot upgrade?? Alleged exaggerations like that only perpetrate unnecessary anxiety.

Are you referring to the 3.1.12 GoApp? It's been out since June 26th. I updated last night with no issue. 3.1.11 also required authorization with no issues for those doing so.

BTW, where do you see hundreds if not thousands who cannot upgrade?? Alleged exaggerations like that only perpetrate unnecessary anxiety.
LOL , he started a thread there also he's got about 2 dozen replies saying the same thing...

The saga continues - No network connection

After 13 hours of tinkering I got the network to connect, I got the updates loaded and hopefully everything is working again!

I started by resetting to factory defaults. Next I went into my computer and removed all the files from my prior attempts, wiping the slate clean. I reformatted my SD card and put it into my computer. Then I re-downloaded the firmware update files and safely removed the SD card. I placed the SD card into the controller and powered it on. This time the startup screen actually loaded. A message popped up indicating firmware updates needed to be done. I went into settings and reconnected to my Wi-fi then logged in when prompted and this time I was allowed to connect to the internet. From here on out I just followed the regular firmware update procedures and it seems to have done what it was supposed to. I'll know tomorrow if I crash and burn. It's 1:53am now and I've got to crash, I'm already burnt! Good luck you all!

DJI changed something this weekend - I was forced to update the app to the latest version and then had to log in again - before that I was limited to 30m distance

Reactions: KevMo Photog
well i been lucky so far it has not asked to update I'm on iOS iPad and iPhone and the auto update are off maybe that reason is not asking to update..this morning i took the p4pro for a quick fly took it up to 150 ft no issue i don't plan to update the GO app and what the old saying
'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
DJI maybe you
should think before you act...

Last edited:
well i been lucky so far it has not asked to update I'm on iOS iPad and iPhone and the auto update are off maybe that reason is not asking to update..this morning i took the p4pro for a quick fly took it up to 150 ft no issue and what the old saying 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
DJI maybe you
should think before you act...

my 'forced update' happened in the middle of a field with the tablet which is set up not to accept auto updates and was not connected to any wi-fi/internet
I had to switch on mobile hot spot on the phone and download the new app then log back in to DJI before I could fly - so be prepared

Reactions: KevMo Photog
The issue was internal to their infrastructure. I did nothing more to my RC since last night and today it is suddenly working. My original issue, the maps not working, suddenly cleared up as well. I have 3 DJI products and seem to spend more time updating and troubleshooting than flying. My Yuneec Typhoon works every time. My next purchase will not be with DJI.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
The issue was internal to their infrastructure. I did nothing more to my RC since last night and today it is suddenly working. My original issue, the maps not working, suddenly cleared up as well. I have 3 DJI products and seem to spend more time updating and troubleshooting than flying. My Yuneec Typhoon works every time. My next purchase will not be with DJI.
I'm sorry you having all this issues i had the same problem with the last firmware update i went thru hell trying to fix the issue the support group are the worst.. thank god for forum like this i was able to fix the AC. i will never buy any thing related with DJI in fact i cancel the dji goggles and spare batteries i order online thank god was on backorder.. il fly this P4Pro as long as i can with the current firmware and GO app so you got my support Brother....

Last edited:

I'm thinking the same for my future UAS purchase....

Do you really like your Typhoon? I am SERIOUSLY considering disputing cc charges to get refund on my P4P and getting one.

I do but after owning the P4P the camera is the let down. But I hear they are about to release a better 50mm called the E50X shortly. Then there is the Tornado H920 with the CGO4 - looking at those as opposed to an Inspire.

Just called DJI support... I was on hold for about 30 minutes. I explained the issue and he had me recalibrate my IMU and then go outside to try again. Well I went outside and tried again with the same issue... back on hold with DJI...

I do but after owning the P4P the camera is the let down. But I hear they are about to release a better 50mm called the E50X shortly. Then there is the Tornado H920 with the CGO4 - looking at those as opposed to an Inspire.

I am going to start doing research on these and may have to jump ship from DJI... I've been faithful to them for a while now too...

So the e50x will be a new camera added to the Typhoon?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4