Judging height of obstacles

Reaction score
Twice now I've aborted missions in Litchi because of approaching things. The thing is- I know **** well I'm high enough. I need to get over my well deserved paranoia.

A little reasonable reservation goes a long way.

The wide angle lens of the Phantoms makes it hard. You generally over correct which is fine - no downside to that other than pride. Under correction gets expensive.

You can do a couple of things - one is to go very slow and just practice getting close to things and getting an idea what things look like in monitor. The other is to manually fly the routes and get the altitude from the done and then program it in to the route. Be aware that the altitude is obtained from the barometer which varies with the barometric pressure and so can be off by up to 100 feet or so depending on the weather.

One thing the Phantoms are not good at is measuring altitude above ground. No radars just yet.

Twice now I've aborted missions in Litchi because of approaching things. The thing is- I know **** well I'm high enough. I need to get over my well deserved paranoia.

Are you talking homes, trees etc....or terrain? I've looked at some Typo maps in areas I fly just to help get a good read on the land. I wish their was a way to overlay it in DJI App

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik