joystick extensions

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
You know of course that sticks unscrew to make them longer.
I believe I have seen some on this forum, tried searching, but didn't find anything.. or maybe it was on the Demunseed Youtube site.-- I will search a little and get back.

Those control sticks can be extended up to 1 1/2 inches from the base. How much more does one need?

Those control sticks can be extended up to 1 1/2 inches from the base. How much more does one need?
No more, that would be more than adequate-- but I believe the ones that I did see had a nice contoured thumb pad on top, which may be desirable for some-- just cant remember where I saw them.o_O Maybe in an RC Plane book:confused::confused::confused:

Could you not just screw your sticks out to where you want them and add these tx.JPG

I appreciate helpful responses like yours. Can do w/o smart alecky ones. I'm partially disabled and longer joysticks sticks help.
I hear ya !! Those will raise it up just a little by themselves and I have big hands so they help me and for 10 bucks or that's what they were when I got them they were great for me. Had been using pencil erasers that slip over the ends .

I use tips for wire shelving on mine. Can buy at Lowes where they have specialty screws and hardware

I appreciate helpful responses like yours. Can do w/o smart alecky ones. I'm partially disabled and longer joysticks sticks help.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm a quadriplegic and was looking for something similar. My fingers don't work so, I have to use my palms on the controls. Having a joystick extension (4-6" in height) would allow me to slide between my thumb and 1st finger giving me much more stability. I used to fly RC planes 15 yrs ago with similar remote controls. I took regular ink pens apart and slid the pen housings over the joysticks. Now looking to buy a Phantom, I had hoped there were products available to extend the joysticks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr