Joshua Tree

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
A weekend of camping in Joshua Tree National Park. The Phantom only made it out on the last day and we all gathered on a rock to pretend like we were making a music video. The wind made filming tricky but that was nothing compared to the attack birds. Acrobatic daredevil birds called Swifts (rightly so) live in Joshua Tree and they do not like Phantoms at all! They repeatedly came out of nowhere and attacked from all angles. Fast, agile, and pissed off!

https://vimeo.com/89175332

Very cool!

With all of the activity there this time of year, did you get any inquiries/complaints from others nearby?

I tend to fly where no one is around and get nervous when I see the gleam of vehicle headlights two miles away!

It wasn't crowded and I do try to be conscientious but if there's only a small number of people around, I'll go for it. Most people just point and gawp and then whip out their iPhones to take pictures of it from much too far away. I did want to do a night flight but I thought better of it for multiple reasons.

I want to go back and shoot more of Joshua Tree as it has so many stunning sights. I didn't even get any sunset shots which are nothing less than spectacular there.

ianwood said:
It wasn't crowded and I do try to be conscientious but if there's only a small number of people around, I'll go for it. Most people just point and gawp and then whip out their iPhones to take pictures of it from much too far away. I did want to do a night flight but I thought better of it for multiple reasons.

I want to go back and shoot more of Joshua Tree as it has so many stunning sights. I didn't even get any sunset shots which are nothing less than spectacular there.

Good info. Thank you and great video!

Nice job Ian..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj