Join the poll to have stats about 1.9 FW

Are you happy with 1.9 FW update?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hey guys

I decided to make this poll, because we have a lot of negative feedbacks about 1.9 firware. and no positive ones. But apparently there are people who like the way it works.
So this poll will show them and calm other people down about their decision.

Hmm. I mostly like it. Seems to be flying well with less problems of video feed dropping. Not gone, but better.
BUT one major thing.
It seems to be recording the altitude as relative to sea level- no matter that my home point is in the Midwest, some 600+ feet above sea level.

My last few flights all the altitudes are some 613' higher than my actual altitude from my home point.
Yesterday I've got shots that I took 31 feet off the lake that says I was 644' up.thisnis not good.
DJI- are you listening???

By the way, once i spoke with a girl who works for DJI. She said that DJI has specific people who come to work only to test the drones. The question i asked was how good are the new firmwares. and she said, that before releasing new firmwares this people, testers, fly with this firmware a lot, and only after they release it.

Hmm. I mostly like it. Seems to be flying well with less problems of video feed dropping. Not gone, but better.
BUT one major thing.
It seems to be recording the altitude as relative to sea level- no matter that my home point is in the Midwest, some 600+ feet above sea level.

My last few flights all the altitudes are some 613' higher than my actual altitude from my home point.
Yesterday I've got shots that I took 31 feet off the lake that says I was 644' up.thisnis not good.
DJI- are you listening???
I do not have that problem. It is recording accurately. I live in Atlanta at about 900 MSL.

Flew several times the past few days. My first shot on the ground this morning - after the home point updated- was reading as over 700' altitude.

Maybe something is really messed up with y unit then.
Problem is this only began after the firmware update and the listed elevation on the ground jibes exactly with the elevation above sea level at those locations acording to What is my elevation?

Last edited:
What I don't understand though is why while flying, on screen in Go, the altitude appears correct? Starts out as 0' on ground, seems totally accurate while flying, but then when I get it into Lightroom, or even photoshop and read the metadata the altitude is hundreds of feet higher.
I even remember the other day while shooting at a blueberry farm in Michigan hearing "Maximum altitude reached" and looking on screen where it was not even half of the "max" the P3 can do.
Does anyone have a theory on how the drone can think it's at over 600-700' on the ground, yet display correctly in the app?
And what needs to be done or checked?
Open to suggestions....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What I don't understand though is why while flying, on screen in Go, the altitude appears correct? Starts out as 0' on ground, seems totally accurate while flying, but then when I get it into Lightroom, or even photoshop and read the metadata the altitude is hundreds of feet higher.
I even remember the other day while shooting at a blueberry farm in Michigan hearing "Maximum altitude reached" and looking on screen where it was not even half of the "max" the P3 can do.
Does anyone have a theory on how the drone can think it's at over 600-700' on the ground, yet display correctly in the app?
And what needs to be done or checked?
Open to suggestions....

Possibly the metadata is reading GPS altitude (which is an absolute value above sea level and notoriously unreliable to boot). There have been posts about DJI switching altitude sources back and forth between barometric and GPS.

Reactions: GeoffJ
Hey guys

I decided to make this poll, because we have a lot of negative feedbacks about 1.9 firware. and no positive ones. But apparently there are people who like the way it works.
So this poll will show them and calm other people down about their decision.

what negative feedback ?

By the way, once i spoke with a girl who works for DJI. She said that DJI has specific people who come to work only to test the drones. The question i asked was how good are the new firmwares. and she said, that before releasing new firmwares this people, testers, fly with this firmware a lot, and only after they release it.

With all due respect, this is a surprise to you?

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
With all due respect, this is a surprise to you?
Its not. But for people who post here posting only negative feedbacks about fw it cam be good news. I even read people saying that dji on purpose makes bad fw so people start buying p4. Which is total nonsense.
And everyone is afraid of new firmwares due to this "theories".

I am not seeing any issues with current firmware and other than 1 person saying power has been reduced on standard model, what are the problems ?

Having strange direction issues, not sure it has to do with the fw update, I did some calibrations IMU, Compass, RC, Gimbal... it kind of fixed the problem, but not entirely... to cut a long story short, before doing the update to fw 1.9, these problems didn't exists... so my guess, the culprit is fw 1.9

Hmm... Just bought a P3A on a "lightning deal" on Amazon for $599 + $40 tax. When I receive it, what fw do you suggest I update to? I used to have the Standard, and immediately updating that to the latest fw was a mistake.

Reactions: douggie1212

That immersion tester is no good, it's not consistent.

I just tested mine the other day, I'm in Canada
so FCC mode

GL658C & Gl658B both had same values on FW. 1.8.1

4d64d1d78aef5b85a64599fcd9131080.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member