Jittery Video Problem

Reaction score
I did some searching on here before posting this, and I think I may know what the problem is, but I wanted to post a short clip of a recent flight to get some opinions specific to my problem.

Every time I've flown recently, the resulting video has a jittery and/or jello effect. The quadcopter has no issues at all, and it's been absolutely calm, perfect flying conditions, so I'm guessing it has to do with the gimbal. I did have a minor crash landing a few weeks ago, where two of the little rubber things popped off, so the gimbal was hanging loose. I thought it was fine, but could this have caused some internal damage to the gimbal that's now creating this jittery effect in the video? And if so, is this something that can repaired or am I stuck having to buy a new gimbal?

I have a Phantom 1 and an H3-2D gimbal camera.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

http://vimeo.com/108141511

That is not jello. It is the gimbal trying to deal with what looks like full throttle. Slow down and then recheck your video if it improves perhaps change the gimbal rubbers.

paulajayne said:
That is not jello. It is the gimbal trying to deal with what looks like full throttle. Slow down and then recheck your video if it improves perhaps change the gimbal rubbers.

I wasn't at full throttle, but just to check I did some more tests at slower speeds and it still has the problem. But I could fly at full throttle before and I never had the issue.

So you think the gimbal rubbers can go bad and cause this issue? I'll try replacing them. I just feel like it's something inside the motors of the gimbal. But I wouldn't know how or what to fix on them.

I wonder if you have a motor on the way out? Do they all sound like they are running at the same speed? It is almost as if the quad is momentarily losing lift.

Could also be a slightly sticking gimbal. Is it totally free moving in all directions?

The quadcopter itself appears to be totally fine. I always let it hover for a minute after I take off, and it seems perfectly stable, no unusual noises or anything. And yea, when it's not powered the gimbal doesn't stick at all.

How would I know if a motor is about to go out? How long are they supposed to last?

I really don't know what else to do to fix this problem. It's particularly frustrating as I'm out of town and in a place where I'd really like to be getting some footage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31