JITTERY VIDEO DURING HOVER AND ROTATE

Reaction score
Hello Folks --

I am new to this forum and the Phantom 3 Standard so I apologize in advance if this is not following proper protocol. I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and love it. It was easy for me to learn how to fly it and the videos , in general, were absolutely fantastic. I have two questions --

1. In a hoover and rotate mode while taking video the video after I download it appears choppy/jittery during the rotation. Is there something that someone recommends to create a smoother video during this rotation

2. When I fly the Phantom at a distance i lose the ability to orientate is there a setting or a signal that helps me determine in what direction the Phantom is pointing. Without this ability I tend to either a) jump the phantom in many directions until I can figure it out or b) I panic and invoke a return to home command.

Thank you for any help and hopefully there is some help and direction out there to help this neophyte.

1. Don't know.

2. You can use IOC to lock your orientation so when you fly toward home the drone flies in the direction of the stick.

Joe,
I am not sure, but I may be having the same problem. When I review my video, as I pan it seems that the bottom half of my video twitches every few seconds. While watching from my Note 4, you do not see any twitching. Is this the same thing your experiencing?

Joe,
I am not sure, but I may be having the same problem. When I review my video, as I pan it seems that the bottom half of my video twitches every few seconds. While watching from my Note 4, you do not see any twitching. Is this the same thing your experiencing?

In my case the entire video seems to jitter during the rotation

Hello Folks --

I am new to this forum and the Phantom 3 Standard so I apologize in advance if this is not following proper protocol. I just got my Phantom 3 Standard and love it. It was easy for me to learn how to fly it and the videos , in general, were absolutely fantastic. I have two questions --

1. In a hoover and rotate mode while taking video the video after I download it appears choppy/jittery during the rotation. Is there something that someone recommends to create a smoother video during this rotation

2. When I fly the Phantom at a distance i lose the ability to orientate is there a setting or a signal that helps me determine in what direction the Phantom is pointing. Without this ability I tend to either a) jump the phantom in many directions until I can figure it out or b) I panic and invoke a return to home command.

Thank you for any help and hopefully there is some help and direction out there to help this neophyte.
Hi Joe. Did you also post in the P3S section? They may have more insight there than the P3A/P3P owners in this section.

Hi Joe,

I am new here, and just got my p3a a couple of weeks ago. I believe I had the same issue on my first flight. I didn't see a small white block of foam on the back side of the gimble that I was supposed to remove (facepalm). Once I removed it, my next flight was smooth. This definitely was the cause of my jitteryness.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Hi Joe,

I am new here, and just got my p3a a couple of weeks ago. I believe I had the same issue on my first flight. I didn't see a small white block of foam on the back side of the gimble that I was supposed to remove (facepalm). Once I removed it, my next flight was smooth. This definitely was the cause of my jitteryness.
Do you mean the foam that says "Remove before flight"? ;)
gimble2.jpg

Reactions: B_Squared
When the P3 first came out, many people didn't notice that piece of foam in back. It seemed there were multiple threads per day back then about that foam. I recall one person who returned her P3 for replacement and then later realized she didn't remove that foam piece hiding in the back. Even with that large red "Remove before flight" sticker, it was a common thing to miss.

When the P3 first came out, many people didn't notice that piece of foam in back. It seemed there were multiple threads per day back then about that foam. I recall one person who returned her P3 for replacement and then later realized she didn't remove that foam piece hiding in the back. Even with that large red "Remove before flight" sticker, it was a common thing to miss.
When I just had my P3 I sometimes had a gimbal overload. I forgot to remove the gimbal protection. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues