Jittery, unstable flight after hard landing

Reaction score
So... the bulletproof P3S got bruised.

After a close encounter with a tree (within which it got stuck and after a bit of branch shaking got loose and tumbled to the ground, but not terribly hard), flight video has been disturbingly jittery.

First... I made a rookie mistake. Flying sideways and capturing great vid, I was a little too low to the treetops and got hung up in branches i didn't see coming. A friend climbed up and shook the branch it was on and after a bit of pin-balling, the last free fall was only about 6' and it landed on a prop, which seemed to absorb the impact, broke, and I was pleased that it seemed to be a best possible landing scenario.

Changed all four props and flight has been jittery since. For the most part, it seems that applying stick command is what makes it jumpy. It hovers well, but as soon as stick command is either applied or stopped, there are several seconds of jumpy, jittery flight before it settles down again.

I don't believe this to be gimbal related, but more flight related. I have no proof of anything yet and am still trying to troubleshoot... just posting this for opinions.

Ultimately, I have a full replacement warranty and will use that if need be. I'm just sitting on the dock right now, somewhat perplexed but enjoying the sun and pondering next steps.

Best way to describe it is that it's lost some stability. Not all. With any stick input, or even when it's trying to remain stable in a breeze it's struggling.

Maybe bent the motor shaft, now vibrates. Also, did you try to calibrate the gimbal?

Sorry, forgot to mention what I've tried...

Calibrated the IMU
Calibrated the gimbal
Calibrated the compass
Changed all props

The motor shaft makes sense since I know it landed on a prop, and because with the IMU attempting to maintain stability, with an imperfect motor balance, that would seemingly result in exactly what's happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl