Jetblue's Drone Domestic Travel Policy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd post this up for anyone needing this information. I am travelling from Fort Lauderdale, FL to San Francisco, CA today and I will be flying Jetblue. I am bringing my P3P with me so I gave them a call to hear what the policy is in regards to bring it along.

Here's what they said:
  1. Can be checked-in or carried on as long as the dimension of the case fits the criteria for a check-in or carry-on luggage.
  2. Batteries must be separate from the drone, must be in a plastic bag (did not specify lithium battery bags specifically) and the terminals need to be covered by tape (did not specify type of tape). Batteries must also have 100w or less on them.
Hope this helps anyone travelling with their drone.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good spot to fly or want to get together in the bay area, let me know. I will specifically be in Oakland and San Jose on the weekend. My trip might be extended to Fremont next week as well.

Just some extra clarification for future flyers. (I assume you called 1-800-jetblue for this info... You no doubt got a nice Utah lady reading from a cheat sheet...)
Batteries do not need to be separate from the drone, they just cannot be in your checked luggage.
Just to clarify that they can be in the same bag.
Also its batteries no greater than 100w/hours. You can carry as many as you like. This means the larger Inspire batteries are essentially a no go item because they are over 100w/hrs (130w/hrs). It has nothing to do with their current level of charge, but storage capacity is recommended for obvious stability reasons.
Other than that enjoy your jetBlue experience and the ability to surf PhantomPilots for free on the fastest internet in the sky :)
Board as early as you can to ensure you have some overhead space... Those bins get full very quickly now most people have to pay for checked bags.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31