Jerky P4 footage

Reaction score
Dudes,

Recently bought a P3 Advanced for work, was that impressed I bought a P4 for myself. P3 is set at 1080p 48fps, the video footage is totally smooth, weird thing is that the same settings on P4 give jerky footage!! any ideas?

Phil

Hello Phil, just thought but have you considered the SD card. Can it handle the 4K? The card will need decent write speeds. I can't remember the optimum have a Google.

Hello Phil, just thought but have you considered the SD card. Can it handle the 4K? The card will need decent write speeds. I can't remember the optimum have a Google.

Hi Dom

Both copters have the micro SD cards in them as supplied

Phil

When you say jerky footage, what are you playing it on? The chances are that your computer is not powerful enough to handle the 4K...it needs a lot more processing power than 1080p.

Reactions: maseman88
When you say jerky footage, what are you playing it on? The chances are that your computer is not powerful enough to handle the 4K...it needs a lot more processing power than 1080p.

Rock dude,

Playing both back on a recent mac book pro, P3 is smooth as the cats pyjamas, P4 is slightly jerky, especially on pan, both copters set at 1080p 48fps

Phil

Yes I found the P4 Camera is taking it in nice and smooth but so much data a regular speed i5 laptop can't handle the chunks of data as fast as it needs to play. My i7 7490K 4.0Ghz desktop is smooth with the same file that's jerky on the laptop

Rock dude,

Playing both back on a recent mac book pro, P3 is smooth as the cats pyjamas, P4 is slightly jerky, especially on pan, both copters set at 1080p 48fps

Phil
That rules out the computer as a problem....do you know if the shutter speed is the same on the footage you're comparing? I find that if you're not using an ND filter in sunny conditions, the shutter speed gets too high, and that tends to make it look slightly jerky.

Dudes,

Recently bought a P3 Advanced for work, was that impressed I bought a P4 for myself. P3 is set at 1080p 48fps, the video footage is totally smooth, weird thing is that the same settings on P4 give jerky footage!! any ideas?

Phil
Any chance to see the samples from both copters?

That rules out the computer as a problem....do you know if the shutter speed is the same on the footage you're comparing? I find that if you're not using an ND filter in sunny conditions, the shutter speed gets too high, and that tends to make it look slightly jerky.

Rock dude,

Not sure of the shutter speeds, P3 was out of the box, so i set the P4 the same

Phil

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4