Jello

Reaction score
i realize that this has been covered many times before, but now it has happened to me and I don't like it, it seems if I fly too fast I get jello, I have put a neutral density filter on my lens but that does not help, has anyone else had a problem with going forward at too high a speed ? Thanks for your help

[QUreal high "Joeg1937, post: 343341, member: 8138"]i realize that this has been covered many times before, but now it has happened to me and I don't like it, it seems if I fly too fast I get jello, I have put a neutral density filter on my lens but that does not help, has anyone else had a problem with going forward at too high a speed ? Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]
At real high speeds, you might deal with more than Jello - RIP.

I don't know for certain, but if you have a high quality 3D Gimbal, in my mind, the wide angle lens could be the problem. I see it when the camera's angle changes when close to ground. This is the price for the lens with the Hero versions.

Does anyone experience it with non-Hero cameras? I can only suggest slow angle changes when close to the ground. I keep thinking they will come out with replaceable lens. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened.

As a SCUBA Instructor and teaching U/W photography, there were solutions. It should have happened to RC by now. I imagine a different gimbal with a more advanced camera, will solve these video effects.

Joeg1937, have you tried balancing your props? I have three sets of OEM props and all were a little off balance. I'm guessing the jello effect will be more noticeable as you fly faster, so that could be the cause of your problem.

I use the SpeedyTM prop balancer. There are other options here.

Last edited:
Yes I have balanced my props with the DuBro bancer, just have to fly slower I guess, thanks for the replies.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20