Jello with H3-3D but nothing with H3-2D

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from H3-2D to H3-3D and now I am getting jellos in my videos that did not exist with H3-2D.

I had 4 flights with my H3-3D, all at the same location I had used the H3-2D before. Similar amount of sunlight and wind. ALL my H3-3D videos have varying amount of jello :evil:.

They are mostly noticeable when I am in forward flight or making banked turns. There is almost none when I am just hovering.

Everything except the gimbal is the same. Same propellers and same motors. I did NOT have any crash or tip-over between the time I switched from H3-2D to H3-3D.

So, what gives? My theories are:

1. The additional weight of H3-3D over H3-2D (around 35-40g according to my kitchen scale) is throwing off flight controller gain values and I need to readjust them.
2. H3-3D is just more vibration prone due to it having an additional motor for the yaw axis (meaning I have to just live with it).
3. My H3-3D is defective (doubtful).

I'd appreciate any input.

Which color rubber dampeners are you using? Different ones can help with vibrations.

Jacob said:
Which color rubber dampeners are you using? Different ones can help with vibrations.

+1.
Run default gain settings and try the h33d supplied stiffer dark grey dampeners.

Prime12 said:
My theories are:

1. The additional weight of H3-3D over H3-2D (around 35-40g according to my kitchen scale) is throwing off flight controller gain values and I need to readjust them.
2. H3-3D is just more vibration prone due to it having an additional motor for the yaw axis (meaning I have to just live with it).
3. My H3-3D is defective (doubtful).

I'd appreciate any input.

Unfortunately for us all, #2 is the correct theory. Many of us experienced significant jello with our first H3-3D that we never saw with their H3-2D. Balance props, balance motors, use ND filter(s), counterbalance filters, reduce gains, run 60fps or higher, and fly as smoothly as you can in ATTI. On windy days try down-wind drift in ATTI. Yaw in place is usually free of jello, while upwind flying usually the worst.

Kelly

Ok here are some things I have tried.

1. Stock white dampers - horrible vibrations and jello
2. H3-2D black dampers - video no longer shakes but there are still lots of jello
3. Grey dampers - best so far, almost no jello when hovering
4. 50 degrees black dampers - worse than #3 but better than #1
5. Pitch / Roll gain lowered to 105% from 125% - some improvement but jello still present
6. 50 degrees black dampers w/ foam earplugs stuffed into them - similar to #3

I film at 2.7k 30fps. I suppose I can go down to 1080p at 60fps but I'd like to keep it at 2.7k if possible.

I balanced my props the first day I got my phantom.

How do you "balance props"? I've heard of a lot of people doing this. What do you mean by it?
thanks

-Michael

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4