Reaction score
Hey DJI pilots,

this is my first try at making a video with my Phantom 2 and my Gopro 3. I visit Japan once a year if I can and tried to capture my last trip this November on video.

I never really liked taking pictures that much, and videos always seemed like a lot of work and too expensive. Owning a Phantom opened up so much possibilities and I am really happy I took it with me on my trip.

Hope you like it, feel free to comment and share:

Last edited:
Thanks... never thought this would be so much fun. :) ! Really getting into this, can't wait for my next trip.

Very Nice! Really enjoyed your video. Any tips for beginners?

I'm a beginner myself :D. I just watch a lot of videos on youtube. And I like watching videos even if there not made with drones. Just seeing how other people film scenes and locations is a lot of help. Editing is a big part too. I spent a lot of time just watching tutorials on how to use Premiere and After Effects...

Other then that I'd say I'm just having fun.

Hey DJI pilots,

this is my first try at making a video with my Phantom 2 and my Gopro 3. I visit Japan once a year if I can and tried to capture my last trip this November on video.

I never really liked taking pictures that much, and videos always seemed like a lot of work and too expensive. Owning a Phantom opened up so much possibilities and I am really happy I took it with me on my trip.

Hope you like it, feel free to comment and share:

Hello sir, Nice videos! But I have a question, any issue encountered bringing your phantom to japan like in airport? I have planned vacation for 9 days in japan next week,Im planning of bringing my P3. planned to fly in nagano ski resort. Im a bit worried that I will have some issue upon arrival in japan. thnx.

Reactions: gez
Hello sir, Nice videos! But I have a question, any issue encountered bringing your phantom to japan like in airport? I have planned vacation for 9 days in japan next week,Im planning of bringing my P3. planned to fly in nagano ski resort. Im a bit worried that I will have some issue upon arrival in japan. thnx.

Drone laws in Japan have become strict. There was one idiot flying onto the prime ministers office and landing there with radioactive material.

(see: Drone 'containing radiation' lands on roof of Japanese PM's office).

After this incident it did not take long before the laws on drones were made a lot stricter. Generally speaking there is no flying allowed in the city limits, above roads, parks or any populated areas. Fines are high if you get caught (around 5,000$) so I would not recommend still doing so. They could also lock you up without further questioning and ban you from the country afterwards. Unlikely, but possible.

Now on to the positive parts: If you go out to Nagano and only fly around not too populated areas, untouched nature etc. you should not have a problem. I also recommend getting up REALLY early if you don't want to encounter people. I got up around 4.00 am on some days just to make sure I am the first person on location and would not have problems with crowds. Of course there where bystanders at times, but I never had problems. They watched, where amazed, waved at my drone but nobody had a serious problem.

Airports: Keep the drone in your carry on. I flew around a lot and came trough several airports. They checked it throughly every time, especially the batteries. But I was always free to go. A little Japanese here goes a long way here, but is not necessary. I have friends who had their drone in there checked in luggage und they mysteriously broke on the way. 2 friends, same flight, 2 broken phantoms. It was a flight to Spain and my guess is the personal at the airport broke it because some people view drones as an annoyance on their beaches and tourist spots.

Here is a link on the current laws in Japan: Current Law on Drones and UAV's in Japan

So to wrap things up all I can say is: If you play by the rules you should not have any problems, so happy flying!

And be sure to share the videos here, can't get enough of Japan and am already planning my next trip. :D

Hello sir,thank you for your kind and detailed response,I hope I will have no problems in the airport upon arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Drone laws in Japan have become strict. There was one idiot flying onto the prime ministers office and landing there with radioactive material.

(see: Drone 'containing radiation' lands on roof of Japanese PM's office).

After this incident it did not take long before the laws on drones were made a lot stricter. Generally speaking there is no flying allowed in the city limits, above roads, parks or any populated areas. Fines are high if you get caught (around 5,000$) so I would not recommend still doing so. They could also lock you up without further questioning and ban you from the country afterwards. Unlikely, but possible.

Now on to the positive parts: If you go out to Nagano and only fly around not too populated areas, untouched nature etc. you should not have a problem. I also recommend getting up REALLY early if you don't want to encounter people. I got up around 4.00 am on some days just to make sure I am the first person on location and would not have problems with crowds. Of course there where bystanders at times, but I never had problems. They watched, where amazed, waved at my drone but nobody had a serious problem.

Airports: Keep the drone in your carry on. I flew around a lot and came trough several airports. They checked it throughly every time, especially the batteries. But I was always free to go. A little Japanese here goes a long way here, but is not necessary. I have friends who had their drone in there checked in luggage und they mysteriously broke on the way. 2 friends, same flight, 2 broken phantoms. It was a flight to Spain and my guess is the personal at the airport broke it because some people view drones as an annoyance on their beaches and tourist spots.

Here is a link on the current laws in Japan: Current Law on Drones and UAV's in Japan

So to wrap things up all I can say is: If you play by the rules you should not have any problems, so happy flying!

And be sure to share the videos here, can't get enough of Japan and am already planning my next trip. :D

i was in japan in feb 2015, before the incident with the prime minister and couldnt fly in tokyo, i tried in a couple parks and before i started the motors there was a guy telling me it was prohibited.

i manage a couple flights in osaka.

someone asked about getting the drone into japan. i arrived at narita airport and took me about an hour to pass inmigration, they took my drone to xray scan.. its a little difficult but not impossible.

Hello sir,tha k u for ur reply.now im a bit worried bringing my p3 with me next week[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24].

This is amazing work! A real pleasure to watch.

Anymore bad experiences to share while travelling with phantom to japan?thnx

actually its not a bad experience...

the problem with getting a drone to japan is that at the airport the officer who checks your bags speaks a terrible english, and my japanese is null... so the main problem was trying to explaing the officer why i was bringing a drone with me and what i was going to do with it.

Thank u sir for for sharing this information.i hope i can decide soon if to bring or not bring,i really want have photos are videos to treasure after this visit.thnx

upload_2016-3-14_16-42-42.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4