Reaction score
Ive read where the compass {raw} mod should be around 500 but mine is in the high 800 to low 900. I know not everyone will be the same since it probably depends on where you live. However I thought I better check with ya'll to see if I do have an issue or not.
Also I have been trying to do an advanced cali on my IMU and I get the error of it being too hot. I see that it has been an issue ( read it on the site) but I was checking to see if there is anything new on this subject or not.

The compass figure is closer to 1500 but if your Phantom is flying straight, everything's fine.
Do your IMU calibration when the Phantom is cool, not after flying.

Ive always done the IMU calib in an air condiitoned room after the drone has set over night so It is never even warm when I do it and I still get an error message that says to let it cool for 5 min. So now I just continue on or start the calib over until it finally does something. So far it has never taken any where near 10 min so who is to say its working correctly.

Ive always done the IMU calib in an air condiitoned room after the drone has set over night so It is never even warm when I do it and I still get an error message that says to let it cool for 5 min. So now I just continue on or start the calib over until it finally does something. So far it has never taken any where near 10 min so who is to say its working correctly.

When that error message comes up saying it to warm hit the X in the upper right corner and the IMU cali program will continue.
By the way that IMU calibration should done on a level surface.

You need to do the IMU calibration the very moment the grey button allows you to. If you leave your phantom on for a minute or so and **** around to find the menu, you will get that MC too hot warning. DO IT IMMEDIATLEY and you will find that the warning will not appear and you will get 2 green successful ticks in less than a minute.

And make sure she is dead flat on a surface that is levelled with the horizon.

You need to do the IMU calibration the very moment the grey button allows you to. If you leave your phantom on for a minute or so and **** around to find the menu, you will get that MC too hot warning. DO IT IMMEDIATLEY and you will find that the warning will not appear and you will get 2 green successful ticks in less than a minute.

That MC warning means nothing as I have deleted that message for two years without any ill effects to completely the IMU calibration.

Look I know we don't see eye to eye on many subjects but as far as the MC warning it's a useless error message.

Great tip, I will try that next time. I knew about putting drone on a level surface which I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers