I've gone and done it

Reaction score
Yep. Several friends have their P3s on order, and I didn't want to feel left out - so I've gone and bloody ordered one too (with an extra battery bundled in).

It might even arrive tomorrow. The missus is going to flip her lid :confused:

I love my P2V+ but seeing stories about the stock transmitter range and the quality of the FPV feed have swung me. I already have an nvidia shield tablet with the software installed, now I'll get to use it properly :)

Now I have to go through the ball-ache of listing my P2 on Ebay....

You'll have a ball.
Just make sure that you have the recent version of the app (V1.1.0) that you download from DJI.
The version in the Google Market (V1.0.10) is out of date and missing lots of features.

Reactions: cjmwales
You'll have a ball.
Just make sure that you have the recent version of the app (V1.1.0) that you download from DJI.
The version in the Google Market (V1.0.10) is out of date and missing lots of features.

I couldn't get the APK for the version on google play to load on the Shield. I ended up downloading it directly from the DJI website - this was 4 weeks ago, I'll have to check which version.

I also have an ipad air (late 2014 but not the newest version) I'm keen to try.

I'm racing all weekend so I might not have a chance to fly - I plan to do the IMU calibration tomorrow night anyway. Will an hour in the fridge be enough? :D

Yep. Several friends have their P3s on order, and I didn't want to feel left out - so I've gone and bloody ordered one too (with an extra battery bundled in).

It might even arrive tomorrow. The missus is going to flip her lid :confused:

I love my P2V+ but seeing stories about the stock transmitter range and the quality of the FPV feed have swung me. I already have an nvidia shield tablet with the software installed, now I'll get to use it properly :)

Now I have to go through the ball-ache of listing my P2 on Ebay....

We have a classifieds section here, but you probably knew that.

Good for you, now you don't have to worry nearly as much about having a bird that just falls out of the sky or flies off into the lake for no reason. :D

To the OP, what's done is done and there's nothing you can do about it now. Just move forward and maybe, one day, you'll find a way to enjoy you're P3. I know, easier said than done but somehow you will manage. If buyer's remorse becomes too much for you, leave the box sealed and I will pay you 75% of its cost to rid you of your guilt. It's the least I can do for a fellow forum member. ;)

Concerned in Alabama

Last edited:
Just don't mention all of the new accessories you will now need.

I know how you feel as I was the same way. I only had my P2vplus for 3 months when I bought the P3. It was the range and dropping wifi that sold me.

Just don't mention all of the new accessories you will now need.

I know how you feel as I was the same way. I only had my P2vplus for 3 months when I bought the P3. It was the range and dropping wifi that sold me.

On Monday I got 2500ft from my P2, totally stock. And since I replaced the wifi module & upgraded the heatpaste it's been mint. But then I see threads on here showing videos of the fpv feed from the P3 & I feel a little bit envious!

On Monday I got 2500ft from my P2, totally stock. And since I replaced the wifi module & upgraded the heatpaste it's been mint. But then I see threads on here showing videos of the fpv feed from the P3 & I feel a little bit envious!
I have gotten 3,000 on P2V+ V3 - but it is not wise. I try to keep it in a bit closer. So, since I do not need the extra range - and I consider $150 US for a battery for the Phantom 3 (when I have 5 batteries for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus Version 3) - it only made since to buy a backup Phantom 2 Vision Plus Version 3. Don't fool yourself, there have been issues with the P3 and Inspire as well. All software comes with its' own set of "cases" that it is not programmed to handle (all bugs are free). After more than 150 flights, I have never had a flyaway. I have had the solder break on an ESC once though. I now check them every 10-20 hours of flight time. To me, not worth paying $300-$400 more for a P3. I just bought a new, in box, P2Vison+ Version 3 for $899. I grabbed it. At that rate, I could almost buy 2 of them for the same money as the P3. At this time, the P3 is not for me. Two P2V+V3 and 5 batteries keeps me up in the air just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers