I've decided to upgrade my P3A to firmware 1.4.0010

Reaction score
Wish me luck. Updating as I type this.

Received my P3A just few days ago. RC and aircraft firmware 1.3.2. Flew it about 5 times, no problems as far as I know. Read many comments discouraging firmware upgrade, but I couldn't help myself. (Like to take risk). I had P3S (returned) and had upgraded to latest firmware through GO app. It was flawless experience, so I'm trusting DJI that they know what they are doing. Peculiar thing is that the bin file name for P3A firmware is “P3S_FW_V01xxxxxx“. Seems to me that's for the Standard. My guess is that they use it for booth standard & advanced.

The RC is updated by the GO app to version 1.4.3. I think there's some confusion on DJI website explaining this. Just update through GO app by pressing the download button. Hope that make sense.

Will report on outcome.

Reactions: JoBe and bobmyers
Have not had any issues. You should be fine.

I'm happy to report that there's absolutely no issues with the upgrade. Went smoothly, just follow DJI instruction. There's not much to it.

I flew right after the upgrade when the wind was 30-40 mph. I have not flew in this kind of wind before so I don't know if this firmware is any different from 1.3.2, but it was not hovering well. Flew today with little wind, hover great and flies normal.

Don't be afraid to upgrade firmware to 1.4!

I'm happy to report that there's absolutely no issues with the upgrade. Went smoothly, just follow DJI instruction. There's not much to it.

I flew right after the upgrade when the wind was 30-40 mph. I have not flew in this kind of wind before so I don't know if this firmware is any different from 1.3.2, but it was not hovering well. Flew today with little wind, hover great and flies normal.

Don't be afraid to upgrade firmware to 1.4!

Problems in firmware and app upgrades are with the users device. To give advise to upgrade, you should include the device you are using and any other info that pertains to your combo. I have seen many upgrade and see no problem on day one only to run into issues after X number of flights. 10-15 flights would be a decent number to reference any problems if there is any.

Problems in firmware and app upgrades are with the users device. To give advise to upgrade, you should include the device you are using and any other info that pertains to your combo. I have seen many upgrade and see no problem on day one only to run into issues after X number of flights. 10-15 flights would be a decent number to reference any problems if there is any.
P3A with new motors and 300B controller. Came with 1.3.2 firmware on both. Will report after few more flights.

My new P3A also came with firmware 1.3.2, only flew it for one day and it has been rock solid stable. I am wondering what benefit and extra feature do you get with firmware 1.4.3? Is the 2.7K video recording one of the new feature with the latest firmware? Not that I want to shoot in 2.7K anyway.

My new P3A also came with firmware 1.3.2, only flew it for one day and it has been rock solid stable. I am wondering what benefit and extra feature do you get with firmware 1.4.3? Is the 2.7K video recording one of the new feature with the latest firmware? Not that I want to shoot in 2.7K anyway.
Yes, 2.7k video and also the special modes (follow me, orbit, waypoints, etc).

Reactions: Noodle
Yes, 2.7k video and also the special modes (follow me, orbit, waypoints, etc).
Ah I see, thank you. Those special modes are something I would like to try in the future, but not at the moment. Just want to concentrate practising all the flight manoeuvres for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4