I've brought a new toy...

Reaction score
:roll:

off fleabay :roll:

So thanks in advance for any help.

All new to me, so I'll search this forum and the web for answers and help etc. There are some great vids on utube.

Firstly can anyone tell what I've got is good enough for a beginner and good enough for shooting film;
Phantom 2 (1 Battery, spare blades)
Zenmuse H3-2D (I know the H3-3D is a better option)
Go Pro Hero 3+ Black with bits and pieces
Lilliput 7.2" Widescreen LCD monitor comes with cables and a battery
RC305 5.8AV receiver and 5.8 whatever velcroed to the underside of the P2
Also a nice big hard case.
It seems to work in the fact the FPV shows what the camera's looking at, though obviously haven't flow it but have started it, and looking at the controller with the FPV attached along with cables and battery is not ideal, I believe the newer ones have a built-in rechargable battery.

So that's it, before I download any DJI software etc and get started I just would like people's opinions good and bad, thanks again for any help.

Cheers Mark

You should download the assistant, and install the P2 Drivers on your computer.
If I was you , I would stick to the Version 2.0 of your firmware until DJI comes eventually with something consistent. To me it sounds like most of trouble comes because ofnot fully tested updates, solving minor issues but creating more problems.
I'm not sure what you're talking about when you mention the cables, rechargeable batteries and newer models.
The P2 is not obsolete in anyway. Just offers different options of shooting, and infinite options of equipment for FPV, gimbal models, RC etc.
The RC 305 is widely used with the TS 351 or 352. Not expensive, good performance, and if it's not good enough for you, you can still spend more in a better system. This is the beauty of the P2, totally customisable.!
The "newer", turnkey models wouldn't satisfy me because of their more limited possibilities. Another thing, in case of crash, since the spare parts are not on a tap, you pretty much end up buying a new one.
So for me: P2 all the way!

Many thanks for your reply. The FPV has a cable and external battery rather than an newer Lilliput FPV monitor which has an inbuild battery.

Thanks again, great info, cheers Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj