I've about had it with my new P3A

Reaction score
After losing my P2V in a lake I decided to give it one more shot and bought a P3A. I was having fun with it and love the smooth videos with the 3 axis gimbal. Well I couldn't get waypoint missions to work with the Litchi app and was told to update the firmware in the controller and aircraft. I finally got the RC updated but after a dozen attempts following some tutorials no luck on the Phantom. . I can fly with the Litchi and DJI Go app but now my camera isn't working. Litchi voice feedback sucks and as I mentioned waypoint missions don't work. Everything has gone to hell. I'll leave it alone tonight before I throw it in the trash and resume tomorrow. Screw the P3A, it's time for a few beers.

I don't have Litchi but I understand people buy Litchi to get good waypoint missions setup offline. I'm surprised that you have the total different opinion.

Better switch to DJI go app and set all the settings again and check if camera is working properly. Do you have all the latest updates installed?

After losing my P2V in a lake I decided to give it one more shot and bought a P3A. I was having fun with it and love the smooth videos with the 3 axis gimbal. Well I couldn't get waypoint missions to work with the Litchi app and was told to update the firmware in the controller and aircraft. I finally got the RC updated but after a dozen attempts following some tutorials no luck on the Phantom. . I can fly with the Litchi and DJI Go app but now my camera isn't working. Litchi voice feedback sucks and as I mentioned waypoint missions don't work. Everything has gone to hell. I'll leave it alone tonight before I throw it in the trash and resume tomorrow. Screw the P3A, it's time for a few beers.
Litchi voice can be changed or turned off.

Sounds like you possibly had a Phantom with 1.3.2 fw of older that is not compatible with new Litchi. DJI made a change in software causing this. Either
1. You contact Litchi for the older version
(My preferred way) that works
Or
2. Update fw on bird and rc (not downgrade able )
Not sure why no video feed. Try to remember install the rw on both the bird and rc.
Litchi support is good. I wish DJI could say that. Once you learn Litchi most like it.

Reactions: ScopeTech
1st learn the method to updating....as in how long it should take and what the beeps mean. That will get you to where you get the updates loaded properly.

Your firmware and app's sound like they were not loaded right and possibly cut short if that in itself is possible. No need to stress over it though! There is several of us members on this forum that would be glad to help walk you through it over the phone.

We would much rather see you post about having fun then being stress or have lost your aircraft.

Reactions: ScopeTech and Oso
Thanks to all. I'd had a bad day as far as work and then while trying to get in a little late afternoon flying nothing seemed to work right. It'll all get it sorted out. I'm starting from scratch today and reviewing everything one step at a time. There's a solution I'm sure. Until I get the Litchi app straight I'll continue to fly strictly with DJI GO. I love the support here. Good flying everybody.

I don't have Litchi but I understand people buy Litchi to get good waypoint missions setup offline. I'm surprised that you have the total different opinion.

Better switch to DJI go app and set all the settings again and check if camera is working properly. Do you have all the latest updates installed?

I updated the RC yesterday but can't seem to update the aircraft. I have the two files installed on a newly formatted SD card and when I put into the gimbal slot and follow the tutorials I never get the 4 beep pattern or LED signal other than solid green. Nothing new shows on the card like "success" mentioned in the tutorial. I have a lot play time today to fool with it. When I come up with the solution I'll post it. It seems like I'm not the only one having problems.

I updated the RC yesterday but can't seem to update the aircraft. I have the two files installed on a newly formatted SD card and when I put into the gimbal slot and follow the tutorials I never get the 4 beep pattern or LED signal other than solid green. Nothing new shows on the card like "success" mentioned in the tutorial. I have a lot play time today to fool with it. When I come up with the solution I'll post it. It seems like I'm not the only one having problems.
true on having problems.try to pay more attention to the led in the front more than the audio beeps. Sometimes it takes 30 plus minutes. Look for a solid green light before powering down. Also try to check the SD card to see what it said on last attempt. Like failure, etc.

true on having problems.try to pay more attention to the led in the front more than the audio beeps. Sometimes it takes 30 plus minutes. Look for a solid green light before powering down. Also try to check the SD card to see what it said on last attempt. Like failure, etc.

Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. The memory card never shows anything except the files I copied to it. No success or failure text added. I'll try again today. Thanks!!!!

Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. The memory card never shows anything except the files I copied to it. No success or failure text added. I'll try again today. Thanks!!!!
Do you have the bin file on your SD card at its root?

First thing I hope you understand is that you need a completely blank SD card preferably the one that came with the Phantom and only one firmware bin file at a time on it not to like your post says make sure to only have one file on it. It's time to start over my friend

I find it works best to not even have Blank folders on the Sd card

I had a fly away Saturday night with my phantom 2 plus. No sign of its whereabouts. Got the last gps location but no drone. Going to buy a P3 Pro or a Inspire 1 and wanted to know if anyone has experienced fly away issues with them. Thanks for any assistance guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had a fly away Saturday night with my phantom 2 plus. No sign of its whereabouts. Got the last gps location but no drone. Going to buy a P3 Pro or a Inspire 1 and wanted to know if anyone has experienced fly away issues with them. Thanks for any assistance guys

No matter what you fly,the app last seen rarely helps!
Tracker!tracker!tracker!

Sorry about your flyaway situation. May not help now but I am a firm believer in having a tracker system installed on your aircraft. I am partial to the Flytrex Live 3G but others are available as well. Yes it is a couple hundred bucks but , its cheap compared to your bird, & with it comes peace of mind knowing you can locate the aircraft.

Thanks for that info. I will have something extra on the next drone for sure. Hopefully it won't interfere with the gps

Thanks for that info. I will have something extra on the next drone for sure. Hopefully it won't interfere with the gps

Start a new thread instead of hijacking this one :)

Back to the OP.
This is your second post mentioning files - plural. Only one .bin file should be on the SD card. Make sure that the .bin file is in the root directory, not inside another folder.

Do you have the bin file on your SD card at its root?

Very good point and probably his main issue here.

The microSD card needs every visible file and folder deleted from it. Then place only the .bin file on the microSD card. Disconnect microSD card from pc and install it in Gimbal/Camera. Power up AirCraft (A/C) and allow process to run. Normal process time is up to 20-25mins. The rough process will consist of 2 patterns of beep sounds to listen for. When the process is uploading you will hear a string of 4 beeps. ~Da.Da.Da.Da~Da.Da.Da.Da.~. When the process is completely finished you will hear a string of 3 beeps. ~Da...Da.Da - Da...Da.Da - Da...Da.Da~. At this point you power down as the firmware install is finished. At this point Leave The microSD car in the Gimbal/Camera! Now the next critical stage (Especially when the next firmware is released) is to install each smart battery, one at a time of coarse, and power up the A/C. This process will be extremely similar to when you loaded the firmware into the A/C. Again you will be listening for the "3-string" beep sound which should be 8 - 10mins total per battery.

Follow the process above and you should have no issues.

One of the most useful hints that I picked up from here is to wait until the tiny little LED on the gimbal turns solid green. No waiting around listening for silly beeps and squeaks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31