It's time to make DJI listen to our concerns.

Reaction score
This thread is to make dji sit up and listen to their frustrated customers. Please post your bad experiences here. Keep it civil and relevant. Mine is that I have emailed them three weeks ago with no reply.
This thread will eventually be forwarded to Dji.

Re: DJI bad customer experience poll.

bought my phantom 2 a week ago did the firmware update now it won't find any satellites so now its a $900 paper weight. DJI is useless on the phone after waiting hours to talk to them debating on returning it.

Have not had any problems with my P2V so I have not had to deal with them yet. I does look like they just don't give a dam. They came up with an interesting product that many want and purchase, so they made their money and don't care.

Re: MUST READ!

Many of us would appreciate the descent rate being a user configurable setting, like the height and distance limits. Plenty of us know how to avoid a VRS and capping us to 2m/s is just rude, makes descent from altitude very dull and takes up a lot of battery I could otherwise use for flight time.

hello, hello ,hello...am i on... mike test 1 2 3...can you hear me....ok good !

hi, my name is ......beeeeeppppppp, clink ! :lol:

Ozzyguy said:
Would seem lots are happy to whinge but not take action

What action would you suggest I take considering the nearest DJI dealer to me is 5,000miles away in China? Can't ring them cos they put you on hold... I'm not staying on hold on an international call for who knows how long. They take weeks to answer emails and when they do they do not address the questions you ask.
My first P2V+ fell out of the air when the motors stopped resulting in total loss of camera/gimbal. After a number of emails DJI finally responded but refused to acknowledge there is an issue & blamed pilot error. It has done it twice since. I let it hover about 8ft off the ground and I sat there watching it... Sure enough after about 15min the motors stopped and I was fortunate enough to move quick enough to catch it before it hit the ground.
I just received the new P2V+ I ordered... Camera turns left & right when I move the left stick left & right. Motors won't spin up at all, cannot calibrate compass, solid yellow lights on all the time. Have tried it in 4 different locations. Calibrated controller, IMU cal, everything. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd say it isn't brand new. It's not as white as my first one and appears grubby. I now have $3000.00AUD worth of junk in the cupboard...

By posting here you have just done more than you think. The purpose of this thread is to let DJI know they better lift their game. We are their customers and deserve to be treated better. Don't bit the hand that feeds you DJI!

QYV said:
Many of us would appreciate the descent rate being a user configurable setting, like the height and distance limits. Plenty of us know how to avoid a VRS and capping us to 2m/s is just rude, makes descent from altitude very dull and takes up a lot of battery I could otherwise use for flight time.

Totally agree with that, Sent mine up to 300ft and it took about 5min to get it back down. It was descending so slowly I thought there was something wrong with it. It's a real pain in the butt

Ozzyguy said:
By posting here you have just done more than you think. The purpose of this thread is to let DJI know they better lift their game. We are their customers and deserve to be treated better. Don't bit the hand that feeds you DJI!

How do we know if anyone from DJI even looks at these threads? I think the problem is they're selling like hot cakes, so much so they can't keep up with the demand and QC has gone right out the window...
I'm very disappointed with the product and DJI themselves....

The pro gear is suffering too. The last update for the A2 (2.2) caused a ton of flyaways and loss-of-control issues. DJI sneaky updated the firmware again a few weeks later to correct the issue with some rubbish lie about no-fly zones.

Rapidly losing faith in DJI gear.

I'll throw my tuppence in.

Why advertise an email address, in a promotional video, so that those of us with concerns about a product can seek advice and then proceed to ignore the customer?

I have genuine concerns about the restrictions that DJI added to the ground station software and so, on the advice of the DJI representative who presented the video about said restrictions, I emailed [email protected]. Since they uploaded the video I have written to that email address five times and I have yet to receive any kind of response. I emailed DJI Europe, no answer. I emailed DJI USA who replied telling me to email DJI Europe. I emailed DJI HQ, their response was that they were all on holiday (?). I even posted my questions onto the DJI Global Facebook page, within minutes my questions were deleted.

I have now removed the Naza FC and ground station from my F550 hex and installed the open source Ardupilot. It's not as plug and play as the DJI stuff but the support from the community is excellent. If DJI wish to exclude third parties and open source solutions then they should be prepared to provide proper support services to their customers.

Regards

Nidge

Yeah I have post a link on their Facebook page with this thread several times and it was pulled within the hour. So we know that someone can respond quickly:) instead of ignoring their customers. In fact im going to do it again now since they are supposedly on holidays.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 484

Infact why don't we all get on the facebook and spam them with bad publicity. Perhaps jeopardising potential sales to new customers is what we need to do to get them to listen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20