It's so hard to disconnect the battery! ...?

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie question (as I want to learn before I see some things for myself out in the field):

It's so hard to disconnect the battery after flight. Is there a "trick" to doing this; or is it just meant to be a pain every time?

I asked same question , you can buy a door with connection built in .

Or as this guy did ,and I have done this too now .simple cut two notches in the door :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 685
Nice; but I rather meant:

The process of disconnecting the two yellow connectors from one another is not so easy. Has anyone experienced this?

Its just the type of connecter,made that way so it doesnt come apart in flight, also watch the youtube videos of the door popping open in flight and battery falling out but staying connected and pilot is still able to land it. last thing you want is to loose power when it way up high and a little dot.

Nwales said:
I asked same question , you can buy a door with connection built in .

Or as this guy did ,and I have done this too now .simple cut two notches in the door :D

Great idea. I use Turnigy batteries that have cables twice as long and are a pain to pack in there. Plus I have an extra wire set for a LED headlight running off the balance plug. Problem solved!

you can get different connectors which you can solder to the wires of the batteries or phantom cables. The 'deans' connector may be a bit easier. Otherwise plyers maybe or some hand exercises to strengthen the fingers.

Actually, today I landed in a river. The super stiff connector prevented a LIPO shortage as it is so stiff water can't get in to short the battery. NEAT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic