It's COLD!!

Reaction score
Southern California boy here - where there is always a slight breeze and 72 Degrees v
This week I'm in the beautiful Salt Lake Valley where spring hasn't sprung. It is snowing on and off at about 33-35 degrees. I've never flown in the cold. What considerations are there before I take her up up and away?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

After take off, hover for a minute to warm up the battery.
Be careful if its snowing, it might get inside the vents on your bird.
Dont land on the snow, better to hand catch your bird. Don't want snow messing with your gimbal.

HAVE FUN
Sent from the cold uk.

Ideally, have the bird warm from inside. Battery life will be shorter, and warm-up time longer. Keep extra batteries warm in your pocket.

Have fun!

DJI has some good cold weather flying tips here and here.

First, welcome to SLC... it will be warming up after Wed and I'm hoping that you can stick around for the weekend (70F)

It's around 50F (now) during the day so you should not have too many issues but I would recommend that you keep the batteries warm before use. Just keeping them in your car should be fine. I also recommend that you turn the voltage display setting on and keep an eye on the voltage. I _think_ (search the forum to be sure) that you want to land if volts drop to 3.5v. Again, double check this number. You should be fine watching the percentage of battery left in general but it's always a good idea to display the voltage as well.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks guys. I hope it clears up soon. I'll be here through Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I feel ya brother! It's either been raining or very windy (18-30mph) here for the past 2 weeks. Going through withdrawal!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4