It's amazing

Reaction score
I think it's amazing what they can do with firmware updates ! Now you go into compass calibration using the app ,

fixed the declination issue , changed the battery warnings . Who knows what else , but why can't they activate channel 7 !!!!
How about POI ? RTH height ? What happened to data logging ?

There's a limit to what they'll give you free when they have paid-for/pro hardware that does it. It makes perfect commercial sense not to dilute the value in your high-end or pro-line products. Want data logging? Buy an iOSD Mk 2. What POI flying? Buy a WooKong or A2, etc. Having said that, 7th channel operation and selectable failsafe "climb to" height don't tread on anything else so could be done without issue, I'd've thought...

The "Hotline" and "Various Bug Issues" were my favorites this time around. I like the direct call to my dealer so I can order the new Vision 3 that is rumored to be similar to the new Walkera Tila H500. The V3 is also has a infrared camera setup made by FLIR. Suppose to be a big hit with farmers using it to see what animals are damaging their crops at night.

They had a data logger that they implemented when I had the my pv2. Then they pulled it , said they were going to release it in future firmware.
It was going to be able to tell what was going on , kinda like a black box. I still have it on my PC.
But it doesn't work.

Pull_Up said:
There's a limit to what they'll give you free when they have paid-for/pro hardware that does it. It makes perfect commercial sense not to dilute the value in your high-end or pro-line products. Want data logging? Buy an iOSD Mk 2. What POI flying? Buy a WooKong or A2, etc. Having said that, 7th channel operation and selectable failsafe "climb to" height don't tread on anything else so could be done without issue, I'd've thought...
Want POI? Buy a Walkera Tali H500 for not much more money... Yes, I believe competition will force some of these features even into the lower end products like the Phantoms... If DJI doesn't, their competition will...

Pull_Up said:
You're probably right... but I suspect on the Phantom 3 line! :)
I'm salivating at the possibilities already... :) Ideally I would like to see the next version Phantom offer a quick release option for other similar camera support.. i.e. GoPro... And in a really ideal world, I would love to see DJI release a SDK / open source environment for other developers to contribute as well.. i.e. the Arduino world. DJI = Apple-like, controlled, safer environment... 3D Robotics = Android-like, less controlled, free world, tons of creativity and more powerful ground station type apps & software support...

as a developer i kinda hate the apple-like controlled/safer environment... every app must be reviewd by apple and if they dont like what it does, it will probably never hit the app store...

but i agree, it would be great if dji release a sdk so developer contribute to this great plattform.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic