Its always something!

Reaction score
So I installed a new gimbal assembly on my p4 today. I hooked my tablet to it and everything worked perfect. I turn it off to put the screw's back on. I restart it but I used my iPhone this time and I got no video feed. No big deal, its probably just cheap cables. I put my tablet back on and it tells me that I have a p3 connected and it wants me to install dji go for the p3 and absolutely won't do anything. I try to just start the recording from the controller and I get nothing. I put the memory card in and the light starts flashing green, yellow, and red. I'm so friggen feed up with this thing. Anybody got any idea what's going on?

To be honest when you first got it I didn't think it would be as easy as changing a ribbon cable. When there's a crash with these things a lot more can go wrong than can be seen.

Have you tried formatting the memory card?

To be honest when you first got it I didn't think it would be as easy as changing a ribbon cable. When there's a crash with these things a lot more can go wrong than can be seen.

Have you tried formatting the memory card?
Omg this has been a friggen nightmare. I appreciate the help. I figured it out. I had to pop the gimbal off so that it was sitting right and the screw holes lined up. When I did that the ribbon wire popped off. The messed up thing is that when I went to reconnect the gimbals power supply cable the quick connect broke off of the main board. Omg I was so pissed off. I was ready to throw it!. I took it to a electronics repair store and I got it soldered back on. There is absolutely nothing holding those connectors on but the solder. No adhesive, no nothing! I finally got it all back together and its working perfect. I just had the maiden flight with a working camera and that made it all worth while. I have about $600 in it with all the money I've spent fixing it. I don't think that's to bad. I'm about to sign up for insurance with state farm. If something ever does happen to it I'll more than double my money. I'd rather keep it thought than destroy it. Its been a long road getting it working right but those beautiful aerial videos I just got made it all worth it.

Reactions: ftttu and Tigerbait
Glad you got it working after all!
Thanks, me too! I'm like a kid at Xmas! Its rained all day here and is supposed to rain for another 4 days straight. I got everything ready to fly and I walked outside and it started raining. Oh well, I guess one good way to look at it is that that's 5 days I can't crash it. Lol one thing, should I be seeing the cached video in the log? The only thing I see is one photo I snapped just before I took off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-03-20-40-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-03-20-40-31.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 248
State Farm insurance ... $60 for drones costing up to $2000. everyone should have it. It makes flying a less anxious experience.

You'll feel much more relaxed from now on when flying!
Ahh man I already do. I went out to fly a water tower here in town I was thinking "it could get stuck up there if something goes wrong". I said screw it and just drove to state farm. By the time I got done it had started raining. I knew I had a limited window to fly but I'm glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that insurance. Its just like a weight has been lifted. I know I've only got like $600 in my p4 but that's a lot of money to me. I sold one of my pistollas to buy this thing.

It was cool, the agent heard me talking to the lady that was helping me and he came out and told me he has a Mavic. He said he had been out flying earlier. He checked out my p4 and we talked shop for a minute. It was pretty cool. When I was getting the gimbal power supply connector soldered back on (it broke off) a guy came it to the store with the gimbal off his yuneec typhoon. He crashed it and pulled the wires out of the board. Its crazy how mainstream these things already are. Everybody knows what a phantom is but people also know what a mavic is and even the spark. Everyone either wants a drone or has a drone. The revolution has begun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik