It's almost here!

Reaction score
I think... Hopefully.. Although this shipping status is more confusing than my ex on a good day. I know delivery drivers have long days, but out on delivery for 2? Lol. Unfortunately, whether it gets here tonight, or tomorrow, I won't have time to even open the box until this weekend. Dang it.
tracking.jpg

Reactions: acherman
It's here!!!! Thankfully my phone sent me a text letting me know.. Because despite the fact that the email i received said it had to be signed for, the delivery guy just dropped it at the front door without even knocking or ringing the doorbell.

It's here!!!! Thankfully my phone sent me a text letting me know.. Because despite the fact that the email i received said it had to be signed for, the delivery guy just dropped it at the front door without even knocking or ringing the doorbell.

If a signature was required, I'd report that. But then, if you do, you may incur the ire of your delivery guy in future deliveries!

The one time I had FedEx just leave a $1500 package that required a signature, I took it up with him personally the next time. I'd rather the package be held at the sorting facility than they just leave stuff that requires a signature.

Glad you've got your new Quad!

Reactions: David777
If a signature was required, I'd report that. But then, if you do, you may incur the ire of your delivery guy in future deliveries!

The one time I had FedEx just leave a $1500 package that required a signature, I took it up with him personally the next time. I'd rather the package be held at the sorting facility than they just leave stuff that requires a signature.

Glad you've got your new Quad!

Yeah, I kinda had mixed feelings about the situation. Especially since one time he didn't drop off a $90 hard drive that required a signature "no idea why it even would". And yet this time he drops it without even knocking or ringing the doorbell, when my vehicle is right there in the driveway lol. To be fair, I think he's terrified of my dog.. Every time he gets close to the house, my dog acts like he's going to eat him alive. Which is funny, because if I open the door, my dog runs in the opposite direction and hides.

But oh well, just glad I got it. I refrained from messing around with it too much, just made sure everything was there and charged the controller. Figured I'll wait until this weekend so that I can really sit down and spend some time with her.

@David777,
Well Come On In, to the Forum.
A friendly Congratulations are in order... Happy to hear that your new Phantom 3 was delivered. So now you are able to take off & fly. Having controll of the sky, & your very own awesome Phantom 3 quad copter bird...yes, it's so awesome, to actually feeling marvelous.
When these packages arrive, we never really know what to expect until the boxes are unloaded. Then we smile, and start charging batteries... Same here, been there, and done that.
Which device/s are you using, iOS or Google? I had finally decided after much deliberation and trial, on an iOS Device.
iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular.
You might also Consider changing the Phantom 3 device holder, for an Inspire 1 device holder. Everyone who has changed them out, are happy to have that little extra bit of reliability and protection from its failing. Enjoy your time, spent very wisely, in the forum.

Have fun...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
@David777,
Well Come On In, to the Forum.
A friendly Congratulations are in order...
RedHotPoker

Thanks very much!
Despite wanting to wait until this weekend, I had a little bit of time today, so I went ahead and did the calibrations and took it for a test flight anyway. Couldn't wait lol. It flew beautifully. Even in Atti mode, it handles very well. This is the first quadcopter of this size I've flown, but I have flown quite a few smaller ones. So the controls on the phantom were very intuitive. After hooking up my Android phone "Z3", I quickly realized that I wanted a bigger screen. It just wasn't enough. So I'll probably try hooking up my Ipad mini retina this weekend and seeing how well it handles.

I noticed that, at first, the menus are a little difficult to dig through and find what you want. But once you learn where everything's at, it kinda makes sense. After finding what I needed the first time, going back was a breeze. It's hard to review the P3P after just one flight, but so far I'd have to say I'm loving it.

Yes, it all takes a few flights to become comfortable with all of the settings and parameter controls. Then once you do have it figured out, and configured to your liking, it becomes an extension of you.
Perhaps when a new Firmware or updated App are available, things will become even more interesting, for your various controls.
Happy that you're flying and enjoying your Phantom. As it should be for every one of us. Soon, very soon... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Got some major flying time in with it today. I absolutely love the way it flies. I'd have some video for you guys... However, I seem to be in a habit of putting things down and forgetting where I put them today.. Stupid little micro sd card lol

Got some major flying time in with it today. I absolutely love the way it flies. I'd have some video for you guys... However, I seem to be in a habit of putting things down and forgetting where I put them today.. Stupid little micro sd card lol

When you get a perfect Orbit mode and then Spiral mode I will be willing to watch. Otherwise post it on Facebook, you will get more likes. Nobody is watching newbies video up here.

When you get a perfect Orbit mode and then Spiral mode I will be willing to watch. Otherwise post it on Facebook, you will get more likes. Nobody is watching newbies video up here.

When you get a better attitude, I'll be willing to listen to your comments. Otherwise move on or contribute something useful.

Reactions: Ed209

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav