It's a sad day....

Reaction score
Its with much sadness that Im here to report my beloved P4P Roxie (yes my drone had a stripper name, don't judge lol) yesterday went head on with what I believe to be a sparrow and did not make it. The sparrow on the other hand escaped serious injury with just some bumps and bruises. Anyone selling one for a decent price? I really just need the AC but will take the whole kit if you don't want to split it up. Let me know....
Thanks

Its with much sadness that Im here to report my beloved P4P Roxie (yes my drone had a stripper name, don't judge lol) yesterday went head on with what I believe to be a sparrow and did not make it. The sparrow on the other hand escaped serious injury with just some bumps and bruises. Anyone selling one for a decent price? I really just need the AC but will take the whole kit if you don't want to split it up. Let me know....
Thanks
Must have been Jack Sparrow,,sorry for your loss,,RIP Roxie

• Haha
Reactions: tmgrood and CKUK
Thanks
Video? ;)

That's one tough sparrow to knock out a P4. Why not use the opportunity to upgrade to a Mavic 3? You'll need to sell a kidney, but that's why we have two of them.
I say it was a sparrow but to be honest all I know about it was it wasn't a very big bird and it wasn't an easily recognizable one like a Blue Jay or a Cardinal lol. When it hit my Roxie I thought for a second she was gonna just shrug it off like no big deal but it caused a little wobble in her and then she just dropped. It really was hard to watch, it was almost like it was happening in slow motion and there was absolutely nothing I could do but stand there and watch in total disbelief. The only thing worse was having to go home and explain to the wife how my drone got taken out freak accident style by some random bird. That part was unpleasant to say the least lol..

Reactions: Jim Canada
Thanks
Contact this guy Ryan. He could fix your crashed one - but if not, then he could likely sell you a used one. His repair rates are the cheapest I've found and I also recently purchased a used P4P from him that flies perfectly.
received_4041286875975312.jpeg

I say it was a sparrow but to be honest all I know about it was it wasn't a very big bird and it wasn't an easily recognizable one like a Blue Jay or a Cardinal lol. When it hit my Roxie I thought for a second she was gonna just shrug it off like no big deal but it caused a little wobble in her and then she just dropped. It really was hard to watch, it was almost like it was happening in slow motion and there was absolutely nothing I could do but stand there and watch in total disbelief. The only thing worse was having to go home and explain to the wife how my drone got taken out freak accident style by some random *** bird. That part was unpleasant to say the least lol..
May be a little late now but all 7 of my drones are covered by State Farm for $75 a year . The low price may be because
of where I live but I think it's a pretty good deal . It was a bit of a hassle to get set up I had to show how much I had in each
one with recites or where I bought the parts . But I sure feel better when I fly over water or have to leave them in my parked truck at the mall . And my agent was really cool and showed real interest in getting me fully covered for whatever might happen .
In the places I like to fly it seemed like a must after dji coverage was no longer arable . Take a look at my channel to see what I'm talking about . But that was one tough little bird .

Thanks
So sorry to hear that always make a prayer because I’m a biblical man every time I fly my phantom for pro because I’ve replaced for shells from cracks I think it’s because I live in Texas not real sure but I always am concerned about birds I have 5 acres and of course there’s a lot a little birds, I have three drones Mavic one pro Mavic two pro and my phantom for pro plus which is my favorite I still think it gets the best video and pictures I love the colors anyway not to talk about my stuff I’m just sad to hear that you lost your Roxy I would never name on that I have two ex-wives they were both strippers rest in peace phantom 4 pro

Thanks
Where are you located?

I'm surprized that a sparrow took down the phantom, unles a propeller was broken.
And birds in the air usually don't hiting each other. It's pretty odd that much bigger phantom doing all that noise didn't make the sparrow to avoid it.

The only thing worse was having to go home and explain to the wife how my drone got taken out freak accident style by some random bird.

If I had to tell my wife that my P4P was taken out by a Sparrow, I would show her this.
AIM-7 Sparrow - Wikipedia

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks
I share the sadness. I hate when a good thing comes to a bad end. I have 3 P4P V2.0 with controller. I'm about to diversify the "fleet" and add a Mavic 3. What would you offer for a P4P V2.0 with a controller (good shape, no history of damages or crashes)? How about without the controller (though not sure why I would want 3 controllers for two birds)? Also where are you located so we can figure out transportation costs. (I'm in Northern Virginia.) If you'd rather have this conversation outside the forum, you can email me at dburk at fngravity. It's a com domain.

Thanks
I have a nice p4 p, 4 batteries a complete kit including a think tank case. The mid shell is being replaced this week due to stress cracks in the shell with a Dji Oem part. Let me know if you are interested. I have not used it much in the last year as I am using a mavic 2 mostly. I can send you photos when it gets back. Professional pilot, no crashes and well taken care of .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers