Its a red letter day here in Texas

mjw

Reaction score
Searching the FAA docket and my request for a 333 Exemption has suddenly popped up, now the nail biting to see it if is approved.

Last edited:
When did you submit yours into the system?

Excellent. Shouldn't be but about 30 or so days now. That's pretty SWEET! ! !
Hopefully the pilots license stuff will be dropped the near future - I have no plans on spending that king of money - all I want to do is take pictures of two story and high pitched roofs for my property inspection business - the return on investment can't be justified - binoculars will just have to do - but the pics I get from the P3A of roof tops (just practicing) are amazing and with the right photo software I can find the details i need that may have not been visible from ground level

Reactions: scholls22
I'm confident it will be changed but probably not until later in '16 or possibly '17. At least you're prepared if it changes any time soon :)

Did you mail yours in or submit it electronically?

How, exactly did you go about searching for it?

Was it here?: http://aes.faa.gov/
electronically on the FAA docket - once you submit the request for a 333 exemption you are assigned a tracking # - go to regulations.gov in the search bar enter FAA-2007-0001-0001 - once that page appears - click on open new docket - and the next page you enter and attach info you are submitting for the exemption - set back and wait a few months

Well................ that got me curious as to the origins of that particular term. So I Googled it!

A red letter day (sometimes hyphenated as red-letter day or called scarlet day in academia) is any day of special significance. Its roots are in classical antiquity; for instance, important days indicated in red in a calendar dating from the Roman Republic (509–27 BC).[1] In Medieval manuscripts, initial capitals and highlighted words (known as rubrics) were written in red ink. The practice was continued after the invention of the printing press, including in Catholic liturgical books. Many calendars still indicate special dates and holidays in red instead of black. The practice did not originate, as it often assumed, from Medieval church calendars or a requirement that important holy days be marked in red from First Council of Nicaea in 325CE, as has widely been claimed.

On red letter days, judges of the English High Court (Queen's Bench Division) wear, at sittings of the Court of Law, their scarlet robes (see court dress). Also in the United Kingdom, other civil dates have been added to the original religious dates. These include anniversaries of the Monarch's birthday, official birthday, accession and coronation. In the universities of the UK, scarlet days are when doctors may wear their scarlet 'festal' or full dress gowns instead of their undress ('black') gown.

In Norway, Sweden, Denmark and South Korea and some Latin American countries, a public holiday is sometimes referred to as "red day" (rød dag, röd dag, 빨간 날), as it is printed in red in calendars.

I guess today is a red-letter day for me... in reading this thread I figured I search for my 333, didn't find it... but I am in the process of applying for my N Number, and guess what....? It's done!!! It was assigned yesterday!! I'm sure for most it doesn't sound like much, but with wondering if you've filled out the right forms, and did it correctly, I'm glad it finally got approved!!!

Reactions: snerd
I mailed my petition for exemption in a few months ago and I can't figure out if there's a way to track that...

When you filed you should have gotten a tracking number. Go to regulations.gov and put your tracking number in the search box and search. My response is this:

"This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information."

I think there is a way to find out how far along they are, what date they are up to, but I forgot how...

When you filed you should have gotten a tracking number. Go to regulations.gov and put your tracking number in the search box and search. My response is this:

"This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information."

I think there is a way to find out how far along they are, what date they are up to, but I forgot how...

I mailed mine in 2.5 months ago and I never received any kind of tracking number in the mail. i mailed it here:

U.S. Department of Transportation, Docket Operations
West Building Ground Floor, Room Wl2-140
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590

I wonder if I should do it again but submit it electronically this time...

I mailed mine in 2.5 months ago and I never received any kind of tracking number in the mail. i mailed it here:

U.S. Department of Transportation, Docket Operations
West Building Ground Floor, Room Wl2-140
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590

I wonder if I should do it again but submit it electronically this time...

I did it electronically, and received the email with tracking number only a few minutes after submitting. I didn't mail it, so I have no idea on how that process works...

I did it electronically, and received the email with tracking number only a few minutes after submitting. I didn't mail it, so I have no idea on how that process works...
Well I tried writing them but the responses I'm getting back make zero sense so I think I should just resubmit electronically. Can you please tell me where you submitted it? I went to Regulations.gov but I'm not seeing where to submit exactly...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl