ITELITE Range Extender for PHANTOM 3 4K - ITE-DBS01_V.3!

How do you know?! What happened? (still need to install my Argtek)

I did the DBS mod on my P3S last week. In the process of removing one of the 2.4ghz cables I broke off the connector from the board. But I did manage to re-solder it back on (very difficult) and to my amazement it worked.

So moral of story is be very careful and don't rush the job.

I did the DBS mod on my P3S last week. In the process of removing one of the 2.4ghz cables I broke off the connector from the board. But I did manage to re-solder it back on (very difficult) and to my amazement it worked.

So moral of story is be very careful and don't rush the job.
Sounds like a horror story! I'll take your advice in mind... don't rush it! thnx :)

Well I live very close to the lady selling the kit I ordered and although for Ebay reasons she didnt want me to pick it up she did send it right away! That was yesterday so today I stroll down to the mail box and wow it arrived! I unbox it and to my dismay of course it was missing 3 wires that go between the internal wires that pass through the body of the controller and the antenna assembly. Those are the thicker wires and they are missing. I just called and left her a message as she sent me her card. Now waiting to see if a kit that cost $110 requires you to chase down some needed wires. I would asume the kit should come comeplete with everything needed. Can anyone else who has bought these kits tell me if their kits came complete? Thanks! And thanks for the advice on the connectors too about going slow and being careful.

Last edited:
My kit came with all the wires needed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app[/IMG]
5ce7c3a976cf38926e15868a153d0758.jpg

Reactions: Rambo1
Well I live very close to the lady selling the kit I ordered and although for Ebay reasons she didnt want me to pick it up she did send it right away! That was yesterday so today I stroll down to the mail box and wow it arrived! I unbox it and to my dismay of course it was missing 3 wires that go between the internal wires that pass through the body of the controller and the antenna assembly. Those are the thicker wires and they are missing. I just called and left her a message as she sent me her card. Now waiting to see if a kit that cost $110 requires you to chase down some needed wires. I would asume the kit should come comeplete with everything needed. Can anyone else who has bought these kits tell me if their kits came complete? Thanks! And thanks for the advice on the connectors too about going slow and being careful.
i own a phantom 3 4k and i bought my kit through itelite website and in the kit
(normal kit) i had 3 small wires for the receiver (internal) but i knew i had to buy 3 more wires for the antenna to the receiver which i bought on ebay link SMA Male plug to RP SMA male female right angle pigtail Coxial Cable RG316 15cm :: SMA Male plug to RP SMA male female right angle pigtail Coxial Cable RG316 15cm

Reactions: Rambo1
Today the lady from the Ebay store called me and had met up with the guys at the distribution wharehouse and picked up the 3 missing wires for me. I met her this afternoon and got them. She said that the kit should come with them and they had checked other boxes at the wharehouse and they were all missing the three external pigtails. She said that all of the other ITelite kits come with them all so it was a production mishap. She was excellent in her customer service so a big thumgs up for Monica Ochoa at Dynamic Trading Company! And right now I am in the process of doing my ITelite Range Mod I have crossed the dangerous waters of removing the original internal antenna wires sucessfully and I even made a video of it. Soon to be shared so things are looking good so far but Im not done yet. Back to the bench and get this puppy finnished! :)

Today the lady from the Ebay store called me and had met up with the guys at the distribution wharehouse and picked up the 3 missing wires for me. I met her this afternoon and got them. She said that the kit should come with them and they had checked other boxes at the wharehouse and they were all missing the three external pigtails. She said that all of the other ITelite kits come with them all so it was a production mishap. She was excellent in her customer service so a big thumgs up for Monica Ochoa at Dynamic Trading Company! And right now I am in the process of doing my ITelite Range Mod I have crossed the dangerous waters of removing the original internal antenna wires sucessfully and I even made a video of it. Soon to be shared so things are looking good so far but Im not done yet. Back to the bench and get this puppy finnished! :)

I just recently got mines as well. What tools did you need to install it and where can I find instructions on how to install it? Thanks for any help as I see this thread was about a year ago. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just recently got mines as well. What tools did you need to install it and where can I find instructions on how to install it? Thanks for any help as I see this thread was about a year ago. Thanks!

Basically..... all you need is a small phillips head screwdriver, a drill with a nice sharp 1/4" drill bit, an exacto knife (for removing the factory silicone on the u.fl connectors) and (optional) a hot glue gun to re-glue the u.fl connectors. As far as the procedure, there are videos on Youtube that show the entire process.

Reactions: AllDubyas
Yeah I did one last week and the range is better than stock and also with a reflector, but it didn't gain much more range in my rural forest (20dbm - FCC power).

Stock @ 2400 feet (730 meters)
Reflector @ 2600 feet (790 meters)
ITE-DBS01.4 @ 3300 feet (1005 meters)

The videos are not too clear, but I believe this is how I understand the antenna connections.

Controller bottom is 5.8GHz TX and connects up to DBS Port 1
Controller middle is 2.4GHz (don't know if this is TX or RX) and connects up to DBS Port 2
Controller top is 2.4GHz (don't know if this is TX or RX) and connects up to DBS Port 3

Is this right?

Yeah I did one last week and the range is better than stock and also with a reflector, but it didn't gain much more range in my rural forest (20dbm - FCC power).

The videos are not too clear, but I believe this is how I understand the antenna connections.

Controller middle is 2.4GHz (don't know if this is TX or RX) and connects up to DBS Port 2
Controller top is 2.4GHz (don't know if this is TX or RX) and connects up to DBS Port 3

Is this right?

Yes. correct.

I'm looking at the argtek for $50 or the itelite for $110. Is the performance from the itelite worth the extra money. Currently I'm getting about max 2500 ft on stock.

Is this right?

Awesome!! This helps! Thank you!

Lot of people rate the DBS better range than the Argtec ....

But I am regularly flying out to over 2000m with my Argtec.

I have upped my power to same as FCC 27dbm ..... I use Icarus software.

My limiting factor now is the 5.8ghz control feed. No-one does a power mod for that one.

Magic Power and Icarus only do the 2.4ghz video power.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl