Itelite antenna for P2V± V3

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying the Itelite antenna for my Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 but can t seem to find one anywhere. The website says out of stock and searching around the wed only shows me knock offs and different versions that don't appear to work with the P2V+. Any ideas?

It's the same one that goes on the Standards and just redid my V3 Vision with one . I didn't want it with that bracket so I just reworked
my extender case to fit on the back of my TX with Velcro IMG_3927.JPG and did alittle bracket work and it looks like this IMG_4609.JPG
Now I also have the Inspire tablet holder which is easy to put on and now have 3 TX's that look the same . Is more compact like this for me :)
You will love the panel .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It's the same one that goes on the Standards and just redid my V3 Vision with one . I didn't want it with that bracket so I just reworked
my extender case to fit on the back of my TX with Velcro View attachment 56181 and did alittle bracket work and it looks like this View attachment 56182
Now I also have the Inspire tablet holder which is easy to put on and now have 3 TX's that look the same . Is more compact like this for me :)
You will love the panel .

How difficult is installation? I'm pretty handy but just like!e to know ahead of time what's involved. I watched the DBS video amd I think I'm up for it.
Is there an improvement in FPV video quality at all ?
Thanks for the help

Watch more than DBS video on YT as there's many and take your time and wasn't hard for me .
Improvement to FPV...compared to what . Mine was fine before and didn't change afterwards . I just could go farther .
If your having problems now with FPV now it might help .
Just take your time and you will not have any problems . You have a problem just ask :)

Reactions: Mark The Droner
My FPV video always seems a little grainy and has tendency to stutter. I'd really like the longer distance but would also Iike to see what I'm doing.

Well you can up your preview Quality but then you will cut down on your distance .

Did you do any tests to compare the distance drop ? I'm currently flying at 640x480@15fps and I find range quite respectable for an RE700+ITELITE DBS-01. Not really sure what is the actual difference in range. But 640x480 is quite good compared to the lower resolution... I also thinking going 30fps on this resolution and test myself :) just a bit laizy tonight

No I haven't but now that I have some free time I'll be able to. Once this tropical storm is done tomorrow, I can get out and start doing some testing. I ordered the antenna and should be here in about a week and then we'll see how much more distance I guess.

No I haven't but now that I have some free time I'll be able to. Once this tropical storm is done tomorrow, I can get out and start doing some testing. I ordered the antenna and should be here in about a week and then we'll see how much more distance I guess.

I can share my findings so far: (you are using a P2V or P2V+ I guess)

with RE500 no mods: 300-350 meters (320x240@15fps) - small problems turning around at above 300 meters
with RE700 no mods: 650-750 meters (640x480@15fps) - no problems at all some minor video glitches at above 750 meters
with RE500+ITELITE: 1200-1300 meters (640x480@15fps) - no problems at all until over 1000 meters - video disconnects but reconnects quite fast
with RE700+ITELITE: 2400-2500 meters (640x480@15fps) - minor video glitches and disconects after 2000 meters and some in between (only above 1700-1800 meters) and quite big problems while turning around losing signal for 1-2 seconds.

With the last and curent setup I could go further but honestly I've lost interest after 2km it is quite pointless to fly that far if you want to film or enjoy a view. You always have to be carefull above battery and signal and you lose the "fun" factor in flying. I mostly fly in a circle around me that is somewhere between 500 and 1000 meters and I rarely go outside of it because I dont need/want to :)

I wear correction glasses and after 300-400 meters its hard for me to keep LOS if I fly in a very bright day or towards the sun/sunset.

I'm interested in buying the Itelite antenna for my Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 but can t seem to find one anywhere. The website says out of stock and searching around the wed only shows me knock offs and different versions that don't appear to work with the P2V+. Any ideas?

Where are you located ?

Did you do any tests to compare the distance drop ? I'm currently flying at 640x480@15fps and I find range quite respectable for an RE700+ITELITE DBS-01. Not really sure what is the actual difference in range. But 640x480 is quite good compared to the lower resolution... I also thinking going 30fps on this resolution and test myself :) just a bit laizy tonight
Only testing I did was way back before the P3 and just saw I lost it sooner if it was high . You kept good records . Back then I didn't think to.
Only #'s I was looking at was distance as I was going straight out . The lower it was the farther I could go though .

Only testing I did was way back before the P3 and just saw I lost it sooner if it was high . You kept good records . Back then I didn't think to.
Only #'s I was looking at was distance as I was going straight out . The lower it was the farther I could go though .

Most of my flight tests are done at above 100 meters (328ft) and for maximum range I climb to around 200 meters (656ft). Recently I like flying lower to 40-50 meters (131-164ft) to be able to get more details from my flights since I only record in 1080p 30fps. It's hard sometimes to aproximate the distance from an object located really far away at 640x480@15fps. I might switch to 30fps at that resolution to get more smoothness in my motion so I can better aproximate the distance and speed towards an object.

The good old P2V is serving me so well its hard for me to retire it and go to a newer model. The only thing I miss out is the 2.7K or 4K resolution for recordings. I might consider adding a GoPro 3 Black on top of the copter but I'm pretty sure I will lose 2-3 minutes of flight time. Buying a gimbal and iOSD and a changing the the transmitter is too much for me atm.

Its weird but I like the way video is recorded on the P2V with capturing the movements of the aircraft :) its adds realism to flying (for me). I'm sure 90% of the people like the stabilized recordings that seem unreal at times. I don't like jello but I hardly get any.

Most of my flight tests are done at above 100 meters (328ft) and for maximum range I climb to around 200 meters (656ft). Recently I like flying lower to 40-50 meters (131-164ft) to be able to get more details from my flights since I only record in 1080p 30fps. It's hard sometimes to aproximate the distance from an object located really far away at 640x480@15fps. I might switch to 30fps at that resolution to get more smoothness in my motion so I can better aproximate the distance and speed towards an object.

The good old P2V is serving me so well its hard for me to retire it and go to a newer model. The only thing I miss out is the 2.7K or 4K resolution for recordings. I might consider adding a GoPro 3 Black on top of the copter but I'm pretty sure I will lose 2-3 minutes of flight time. Buying a gimbal and iOSD and a changing the the transmitter is too much for me atm.

Its weird but I like the way video is recorded on the P2V with capturing the movements of the aircraft :) its adds realism to flying (for me). I'm sure 90% of the people like the stabilized recordings that seem unreal at times. I don't like jello but I hardly get any.
Hey Bernek how is your range with the mod's and antenna's now? I was never able to get any really good flights with the DBS antenna on my P2v+. I did do a mod to my wifi antenna's. I pulled the stock antenna's out and put two dipole's on the out side. On Sunday out in the desert I was able to take it 7500ft. I flow it over a hill and lost line of sight. it which in to RTH and with in 100 ft I was able to take it over and brought it back myself. How your getting the range you wanted.
Having to much fun with my P2V+

Reactions: bernek
Hey Bernek how is your range with the mod's and antenna's now? I was never able to get any really good flights with the DBS antenna on my P2v+. I did do a mod to my wifi antenna's. I pulled the stock antenna's out and put two dipole's on the out side. On Sunday out in the desert I was able to take it 7500ft. I flow it over a hill and lost line of sight. it which in to RTH and with in 100 ft I was able to take it over and brought it back myself. How your getting the range you wanted.
Having to much fun with my P2V+

With RE700 and ITELITE flying with original DJI VISION app I get around 2000-2500 meters.(6500ft - 8200ft) (didn't test exactly it depends on the zone I fly in if I fly over other wifi networks etc).

A good example would be almost 2000 meters over houses filled with WiFi hotspots and networks and small buildings (that I did 1 or 2 weeks ago).

My main problem is that I lose RC signal ! (I have it set to FCC) so I can't test my max FPV range since the bird autoflies back because of RTH kicking when loosing RC signal.

I have some documented flights but I remember that in all of them I lose RC signal at above 2000 meters. (6500ft) sometimes it goes further sometimes not.

For me anything above 1000 meters is more than enough since I only fly to capture some nice videos :) so I'm happy ! Not sure if I will buy an amp for the RC signal ... in worse conditions I get above 1000-1500 meters (~3500-5000ft) so its quite good for me. (I haven't flown over a city or bigger buildings, only above houses and smaller buildings that have their wifi signals).

Couldn't find a completly free Wifi zone close to where I live !!! I went maybe 20-30 km away to test but I can still find 2-3 wifi signals there. (its actually funny)

Reactions: phxbird57
Litchi has been causing me problems latetly not sure why but at longer distances (no matter if I boost from it or not) it causes macroblocks on my screen and doesn't return to normal even if I fly the bird close to me (50 ft or something). So I'm stuck with using DJI VISION app for now :)

With RE700 and ITELITE flying with original DJI VISION app I get around 2000-2500 meters.(6500ft - 8200ft) (didn't test exactly it depends on the zone I fly in if I fly over other wifi networks etc).

A good example would be almost 2000 meters over houses filled with WiFi hotspots and networks and small buildings (that I did 1 or 2 weeks ago).

My main problem is that I lose RC signal ! (I have it set to FCC) so I can't test my max FPV range since the bird autoflies back because of RTH kicking when loosing RC signal.

I have some documented flights but I remember that in all of them I lose RC signal at above 2000 meters. (6500ft) sometimes it goes further sometimes not.

For me anything above 1000 meters is more than enough since I only fly to capture some nice videos :) so I'm happy ! Not sure if I will buy an amp for the RC signal ... in worse conditions I get above 1000-1500 meters (~3500-5000ft) so its quite good for me. (I haven't flown over a city or bigger buildings, only above houses and smaller buildings that have their wifi signals).

Couldn't find a completly free Wifi zone close to where I live !!! I went maybe 20-30 km away to test but I can still find 2-3 wifi signals there. (its actually funny)
Great to hear that. I had heard that the RC side of the Itelite setup was the weak spot ( if you want to call it that). I'm going to go back out to the desert tomorrow and try out a setup I put together. 2x 14dbs panels for the wifi side & 1- 16dbs for the RC. Procharged97 letting me try that out.
IMG_20160614_153031816.jpg

How do you recommend that I can increase the range of the RC ? modifying bird atennas ? I'm afraid of the black glue of death.

Litchi has been causing me problems latetly not sure why but at longer distances (no matter if I boost from it or not) it causes macroblocks on my screen and doesn't return to normal even if I fly the bird close to me (50 ft or something). So I'm stuck with using DJI VISION app for now :)
I have been using Litchi so I would have the data file. Dirty Bum uses DJI Vision app. I asked him why and he said to many problems with the third party software. When I did fly out to 7500ft I was using DJI Vision App. I had problems in the past with Litchi just stop and close down. I would have to which over the DJI Vision app and finish the flight. I wish that DJI would add the the option to store your data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31