ITE-DBS02 ANTENNA VS. PHANTOM 4 ANNTENA

Reaction score
i just bought a stand alone ite-dbs02 antenna (without any kits no battery or amplifers).

my question is
by replacing the phantom 4 antennas, with the ite-dbs02 stand alone antenna, will i get better distance and reception and solid radio connection throught-out, by replacing the phantom 4 anntenna?

What are the benifits ITE-DBS02 antenna vs PHANTOM 4 anntenas

(this without battery use and amplifers on the ITE-DBS02.)

I want to know if the phantom 4's antennas alone are getting the same distance as the ITE-DBS02 out there in the field

please respond:
1- how far in distance (in feet and miles measurements) they gotten on both anntenas

2- Altiude
3- signal strength
4- video quailty

and also im replacing the cables that came with the ITE-DBS02, with the blue cables, with the custom ones at Maxxuav.com. and what would be the benfilt of just replacing them. i like the color blue, but dont know it would make a difference

I also purchased the ite-DBS02 from them too!

i like Jake too, just purchased ItElite (antenna only) and blue cables from his website today. I
will look over your review now.
thank you Davphys

Reactions: Jussaguy
i was wondering do you have a picture, or where i can see whats inside of one?,

do you have a picture whats inside of ITE-dbs02

just curios how whats inside.

I don't have a picture of the innards of one, and I'm not inclined to take mine apart. But I think you can probably Google images of the inside of flat panel patch antennas, and it would be very similar- i'm not sure what would be gained from doing anything more than that...

Yes much better range and penetration. Overall more reliable signal that will go further than the p4 battery is capable of going.

i dont want anyone, to open thiers at anytime lol...

thanks for telling where i can find one!

I didnt know, whats inside that flat panel, and what makes it work and how it makes it work directional.

im still learning about antenna terminolgy and what makes my phantom 4 radio controller's anntena work. alot science lol

and at the same time, learning how to fly my phantom 4.

im so glad that their is a place like phantompilots.com to get an education on everthing on drones.

Thanks for the reviews David's, this is my first post here. I don't see a link anywhere to purchase from Jake? My father and I just bought or first drones and both went with the P4. We are already bummed out with the range!

Your distance is all based where your flying so don't be to bummed. The most I was getting around my house is 1500 ft here and there. 2000 if really lucky. This is in a area that is full of homes, trees, highways, etc. With the new antenna where I live and staying at 400 ft I gained 500-800 extra feet. But keep in mind, I have every tower known to man around me, highway, homes and 100 year old trees so not to bad. If I slightly break the rules and go to 5-600 ft (for quick test purposes only) I got to 3400 ft out and stopped because I did not want to start crossing major highway roads around me. I do not recommend doing what I do where I'm at because of the area I'm in. But to answer your question, you will notice a difference and if you get amped (I don't have yet) it would be a big difference also. Just FYI, I cannot see my drone after 2-300 ft because of tree line or homes. So the Maxx UAV setup in my eyes is totally worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your distance is all based where your flying so don't be to bummed. The most I was getting around my house is 1500 ft here and there. 2000 if really lucky. This is in a area that is full of homes, trees, highways, etc. With the new antenna where I live and staying at 400 ft I gained 500-800 extra feet. But keep in mind, I have every tower known to man around me, highway, homes and 100 year old trees so not to bad. If I slightly break the rules and go to 5-600 ft (for quick test purposes only) I got to 3400 ft out and stopped because I did not want to start crossing major highway roads around me. I do not recommend doing what I do where I'm at because of the area I'm in. But to answer your question, you will notice a difference and if you get amped (I don't have yet) it would be a big difference also. Just FYI, I cannot see my drone after 2-300 ft because of tree line or homes. So the Maxx UAV setup in my eyes is totally worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I too have large trees, not 100yrs old, but 100' and I've gone a good distance right thru them with a DBS mod. I think I'd like to buy the blue cables tho

While its depending on conditions, the dbs mod should improve in every area right? Penetration, open field etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4