It would be great to have some stickies

Reaction score
To make stickies?!?!?! I really don't get it. Half of the "new topics" being posted could be prevented by some simple stickies ,

Same thing over and over and over and over. I visit a lot less now because of it. Way to cluttered.

[Moderator edit: title changed]

Last edited by a moderator:
To make stickies?!?!?! I really don't get it. Half of the "new topics" being posted could be prevented by some simple stickies ,

Same thing over and over and over and over. I visit a lot less now because of it. Way to cluttered.

When I first Joined I thought you were a little harsh in one of the threads but now I'm starting to get it. I agree there's a lot of reposting. I don't think that stickies will help though because a lot of the posts are just new people being too lazy, or not knowing, to search for information.

I think that there should be a post limit on new users before they can create a new thread. I think that would prevent someone from just joining up and posting a bunch of new threads with questions that have been answered several times over.

I've been a moderator on automotive forums with just as many and more members with alot less clutter.

A simple sticky NEW USERS LOOK HERE FIRST and links to the most popular topics. IE. Gimbal guards , CSC, firmware update how toos, why is my gimbal crooked, what's the best tablet,

Just to name a few.

I really liked this section when the P3's first shipped and only a few people had them. Now it's just passing the bat around to beat dead horses with. Makes me want to punch a baby.

Julius717, another reason this website gets cluttered is threads with vague titles posted in the wrong category.

Please consider finishing your sentence "Why is it so hard..." in your subject line.

Also, this is not a category exclusive to the P3 and is more appropriate to the General Discussion. Please consider posting in the correct categories.

A new member introduction sticky would be great also. Noobs can say hi I'm Dr kavorkian from new York just bought my P3. Gee anyone know why my gimbal is crooked? Then boom!! someone can supply a link and bam repeat thread diverted !!!

Please consider finishing your sentence "Why is it so hard..." in your subject line.

Not to mention this is like the third topic in a couple of days where every bone in my body wants to reply to the thread title with an inappropriate comment ;-) It's torture!

I agree there are a lot of similar threads at the moment. Hard to resolve to be honest. Stickies and FAQ's help but history suggests only a small percentage of users use them.

I really like the 'similar threads' that appears, that could be invaluable to this problem but ONLY if people bother using sensible titles. This one for instance shows references to 'hard cases' but in other circumstances I have avoided posting because the similar threads found a previous conversation.

Not to mention this is like the third topic in a couple of days where every bone in my body wants to reply to the thread title with an inappropriate comment ;-) It's torture!

I agree there are a lot of similar threads at the moment. Hard to resolve to be honest. Stickies and FAQ's help but history suggests only a small percentage of users use them.

I really like the 'similar threads' that appears, that could be invaluable to this problem but ONLY if people bother using sensible titles. This one for instance shows references to 'hard cases' but in other circumstances I have avoided posting because the similar threads found a previous conversation.

Was hoping my thread title would get more attention that way hahahaha

Was hoping my thread title would get more attention that way hahahaha

Yes, that's called click-bait. It's one of the causes of clutter here.

Reactions: dirkclod

I agree, it can get cluttered. Let me quote a post here from a newbie (at the time), -
Besides buying the Nvidia tablet, what's a good app for screen recording ? Sure I can search here and find it but I'm lazy ha. I use a note 4 and a galaxy tab 4 8.1 ,
Thats the kind of post you are referring to cluttering up the place right? Do you recognize it? You should, because you posted it. My point being is everyone starts somewhere and there will be questions you deem to 'dumb' to be asked. Sticky's are good but as mentioned here, hardly anyone reads them. They come here and jump in head first, the same way many don't read the manual which contains the knowledge needed to fly it because it says "ready to fly!" right on the box, they just jump in head first. And not for nothing, but I have asked for many of the things you guys have asked for and made them happen, including the sticky's. Before I asked for them we didn't use them. No matter what you think of me and the other moderators we are here to make the forum better.

They old adage it true, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

PS - if anyone see's a good candidate for a sticky please send me a message and let me know.

Oh. Didn't you know? You can't complain about anything on this forum. The DJI cronies will put you down if you are anything but positive.

We have two stickies. One of which is absolutely useless since it's well past the announcement.

I've seen plenty of people ask for the same stickies I listed. So what exactly is missing there ?

We have two stickies. One of which is absolutely useless since it's well past the announcement.

I've seen plenty of people ask for the same stickies I listed. So what exactly is missing there ?
Seems your not looking around enough as there are more than 2. In fact I made 6 new ones a day two ago. And for the record, all consecutive criticism is welcome.
Please send me links to the threads you feel are good sticky candidates. Let's see what can be done.

I agree, it can get cluttered. Let me quote a post here from a newbie (at the time), -

Thats the kind of post you are referring to cluttering up the place right? Do you recognize it? You should, because you posted it. My point being is everyone starts somewhere and there will be questions you deem to 'dumb' to be asked. Sticky's are good but as mentioned here, hardly anyone reads them. They come here and jump in head first, the same way many don't read the manual which contains the knowledge needed to fly it because it says "ready to fly!" right on the box, they just jump in head first. And not for nothing, but I have asked for many of the things you guys have asked for and made them happen, including the sticky's. Before I asked for them we didn't use them. No matter what you think of me and the other moderators we are here to make the forum better.

They old adage it true, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
Ya Got Me.jpg

Seems your not looking around enough as there are more than 2. In fact I made 6 new ones a day two ago. And for the record, all consecutive criticism is welcome.
Please send me links to the threads you feel are good sticky candidates. Let's see what can be done.
Mine wouldn't hover so I sent it to DJI for repairs.

A simple FAQ sticky would probably stop 3 of 10 dumb posts and that's better than nothing. But I guess that's for the almighty mods to decide.

Reactions: AbsPapa
Only stickies I see are the p3 announcement, the live stream thread, and two in the p3 help section for firmware.

But maybe I'm not looking hard enough

Only stickies I see are the p3 announcement, the live stream thread, and two in the p3 help section for firmware.

But maybe I'm not looking hard enough
:D You know there's more here than just the P3 section . We only got 4 mods to do anything in here !
Crap I see more bitching now than when Jacob changed the board . Stuff like this is what's causing the crap
all the bitching is about ! In all the sections !
I know !!!
1361469896_jack_nicholson_deal_with_it.gif
:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.