It would be dead handy...

Reaction score
...if Android users mentioned which flavour of Android they have on their phones/tablets when reporting connection problems for we newbies. When you're starting out, accurate information about what works or has problems would be a boon for people planning a purchase of monitoring device.

Thanks

Search involves effort without recognition that effort was put forth. What is the fun in that?

You learn and you teach a little...

The tablet that I fly with is an $80 Nextbook from Wallyworld. I use it exclusively for my flying apps. (DJI GO and AIRMAP)

So far it has worked flawlessly.

Tobby

I'm using a Digiland 10.1" tablet running android Marshmallow 6.0 w/ GPS and it has thus far worked flawlessly. I love the size and it works great with my remote using the DIY holder I made.

I picked this one up on "Deal of the Day" at Best Buy for $74.99

Reactions: rytenuff
Think my point has been lost. Example. Nexus 9 is on the recommended list but some/many report that the app crashes with it.
Replies to these posts often go along the lines of , "Well my Nexus works great!" Neither have mentioned which version of Android OS they are using and the reply doesn't even mention it is the same model of Nexus! Not helpful to new starts looking to plough the minefield that is DJI Go/monitors.
Another example. Tobby... you mention your Nextbook but don't mention which Android OS is installed. Somebody reading this in several months time may buy one on your recommendation only to discover that the DJI Go app crashes with it. The difference may be that your version is using an earlier Android OS but in the time since you bought yours it now comes with a later version OS installed which doesn't work too well with the app. They're now stuck with a device until DJI make their app compatible with the later OS, if ever.
It seems from reading posts that in the USA you get 3 weeks to try it out, change your mind and take it back to the store. That doesn't happen in the UK. Once you unpack it, use it, it's yours. Getting it right first time is essential.

...if Android users mentioned which flavour of Android they have on their phones/tablets when reporting connection problems for we newbies. When you're starting out, accurate information about what works or has problems would be a boon for people planning a purchase of monitoring device

Works the other way around (and would probably be much more productive).... when you see a post where you would like this information.... simply ask for it in that thread.

Works the other way around (and would probably be much more productive).... when you see a post where you would like this information.... simply ask for it in that thread.
Try reading the whole thread.

Try reading the whole thread.

I did. I think my point still stands. This post is only going to be read by a few people. You want everyone who reads this post to... any time in the future if/when they ever post something related to their OS (and if still appropriate) to include the version of that OS. This huge demand instead of simply asking that question in _that_ post if it's needed. My comment is only that I think it's more appropriate for anyone to ask questions about certain posts.... within that thread.

Your point is not lost. However, it also applies to a lot of other things as well, PC OS's and firmware come to mind. Putting out a post telling people to always state that information in all future posts will probably result in a zero yield as well.

Again, you have a very valid point. I just commented that I don't think a separate post on the matter is going to make any difference.

Anyone alighting on that thread looking for help/advice re a suitable monitor purchase may come to it several months later. Do you think the OP is likely to be hanging around to answer any queries, or can be bothered if it comes to that?
You feel that it's a "huge demand" to mention in the post (not a separate post) the version of Android OS in the device when posting about the success or failure of that device with DJI Go, when so obviously, that is a very significant factor in that success or failure? !!!
Let's see: Android OS 6.0.1.
Wow! After typing these 15 characters, I need to lie down and recover from the huge demand.
Jeez, I'm in the wrong forum.

I agree with @rytenuff
There are hundreds of threads where more information would've helped right from the start.
Like this:
DJI Go issues....which O/S, Android or iOS....which version of Go?
Phantom 3 won't work....which model of phantom?
Galaxy Note 4 issues....which version of Android?
And this one gets me every time
Latest firmware problems!.....yet the poster does not say which firmware number he/she is referring to.[emoji53]
Etc., etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: rytenuff
"Jeez, I'm in the wrong forum."

I am glad that YOU brought this up. 7 posts and you are acting like we are your employees. Take a hike rytenuff.

Tobby

I

I mistakenly assumed this was a forum to help and advise fellow drone enthusiasts, but a simple suggestion/request which would help newbies searching the net for help meets with intransigent asholes like you who can't see the wood for the trees and can't remember what it was like to be a beginner and who selfishly see no use in that suggestion to themselves.
Byeeee! Tobby.

I have received a great deal of information here. The members could not be more welcoming and kind to me. I am sad that your experience here sent you into a "Jeez I'm in the wrong forum" breakdown. I am happy that you have the insight to judge me and insult me in such a short time. Seems that when you do not get exactly what you want, you strike out at those who have disappointed you. Childish.

Tobby

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj