It was good, P3S!

Reaction score
I ordered a P4P yesterday. Just sold my P3S... It was a great piece of equipment. Had a ton of fun and have taken beautiful photos and video with it.

Had the chance to upgrade and did it before it was too late. Lol. Anyways, how does everyone like the P3S as a gateway into the higher-end drone world?

I love using P3S as a beginner drone, I have been using it for close to 10 months now and took it to many places and took some nice videos...as it is cheaper I feel less worried about loosing or crashing it compared to a high end model. Only issue I have is its lack of portability, so I am keeping eye for a mavic as a next update around 2018. meanwhile will make a maximum use of P3S. :)

I love it. I bought it as an entry level drone that I wouldn’t have to worry about (as much) if I destroyed it, but it has and is doing everything I need of it.

We can’t (legally) fly beyond the P3S’ capabilities anyway, and I don’t yet have a 4K TV so many of the features that the P3S offers are still more than capable.

I’d expected to want to upgrade by now. This bird gives me no reason to have to.

Don't forget, with 4k video you'll most likely be upgrading your compiter to handle processing the video as well. 2.7k goes beyond anything I watch or stream on my tv or computers, so I'll be content with my scrappy ol' P3S for quite some time. I have collision avoidance built into my hands, so thats another thing I don't need on my UAV. Hah.

Just made a beefy Ryzen 8 core desktop to handle the complex rendering, and now next big thing will be updating my gopro to 6 and get a mavic... then I will be set to rock the 4K world (and perhaps will be filling bankruptcy later.. )

I love my P3S! It’s everything I need in a drone. Just yesterday I was thinking about how much tech is in the thing and the value you get for your money.

A few years ago I could never have imagined that I could fly a decent camera to a spot that I couldn’t get to on foot and take a picture. Like jwmcgrath said above there is not as much worry if you crash it since its a fraction of the cost of the higher end drones. I’ve had mine since December and hope to have it for many more months.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
My drones are like my children. The kids eventually left home, but my hope is my drones never do.

I could afford the P4P but when compared to the P3S, it was an easy decision. It all comes down to intended use. The video quality is excellent, I will NEVER fly beyond line of sight, and I could buy all kinds of accessories for the P3S with the money I saved. It's a great entry-level quad for the serious hobbiest. As our days are growing shorter and shorter here in Southern California I can no longer fly evenings after dinner so I look forward to my weekends for a few short flights and Lichi "missions" circling whatever open field I can find.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I love using P3S as a beginner drone, I have been using it for close to 10 months now and took it to many places and took some nice videos...as it is cheaper I feel less worried about loosing or crashing it compared to a high end model. Only issue I have is its lack of portability, so I am keeping eye for a mavic as a next update around 2018. meanwhile will make a maximum use of P3S. :)
Thats what insurance is for....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20