It was almost gone!

Reaction score
Phantom2, immersion 600mw & FatShark mushroom ant., H3-3D with Gopro4 Black, miniOSD, NDJ6 controller & stock antenna, DJI 5400mAh battery.

Stripped the body for painting and added a ground wire to the GPS sheilding. Everything checked out, calibrated the compass. Armed the AC in GPS and got 8 satellites, green lights, 12.4v. Spun up the props and went to 10 feet to hover. AC wanted to drift backwards then forwards. If left alone to drift the horizontal speed would increase but hold altitude. After 3 minuted the AC finally became stable in hover. Went to 300 feet and flew a figure 8 several times then came home but did not land. Went back to 300 feet, started another lazy 8 then the AC took off heading about 10 deg relative to home at high speed, 12.1v. Switched to RTH but no response so went to Atti and full power climb. Ac went to 400' ceiling. I managed to fly it home but it was directionally unstable. Hovered over Home at 400' then decended normally until 20' when it became unstable again wanting to fly away but still responding to control input. Fast decent with medium hard landing and a sigh of releif. Nothing broken. If it hadn'd been for this forum I would have lost my drone. Thank you to all of you for the lesson "Learn and practice what to do when **** happens">

Reactions: Reed L
Rth and nothing hapenned...

Remember, nothing happens for what seems like eternity at such a time.... 3-4 sec delay built into the firmware.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You're probably right about the 3-4 seconds. I know I didn't wait very long before going to Atti.
Not sure about the compass, it calibrated ok.
GPS shielding is the copper foil foam sandwich that covers the GPS antenna to prevent electromagnetic interferance from the circuits and wiring inside the drone. Sort of like a faraday cage. Early versions were different.
If/when I find the cause I'll post it here.

Reguarding the 3-4 second delay for RTH the AC was pretty close to the horizon and fairly low moving fast. If I had waited any longer it would have been beyond visual sight. That's why I went to full climb and it was still just a spec in the sky. Now that I'm thinking about that the limit was set for 2K feet. It was way beyond that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20