It used to work just fine!

Reaction score
After buying my P3S in Nov 2015 I was using my HTC One 5.0.1 witch was about 14 months old and it preformed flawlessly. After a few flights the video became choppy and got worse an worse untill I couldn't even use it. I was informed I could cashe maps on my ipad mini 2 and started using it. So far I love it besides the fact that it may heat up on hot days. I assumed the HTC was just getting old,low memory ect. Getting to my question I had to replace my phone w/ a new one(same model) and was quite happy that I would have a NEW backup device. I go to download the Go app and all of a sudden the phone doesn't support the app. WTF! Are these Firmware updates making older devices obsolete and is my mini2 next? Being able to use your smartphone is what makes this sport affordable to a lot of us!

Last edited:
What phone are you having issue with?
If it's brand new, they may not have tested it with the device. But, If it is Android, you can download the APK file directly from the DJI site and install it yourself to try it, but that's on you.
I read it again, it appears you mean the mini 2 is no longer working, sorry.
But it does seem inevitable, the more complexity and features they add, the more processor and ram required. I'm seeing some of the same issues with my devices. Don't work as smoothly as they used to.

What phone are you having issue with?
If it's brand new, they may not have tested it with the device. But, If it is Android, you can download the APK file directly from the DJI site and install it yourself to try it, but that's on you.
I read it again, it appears you mean the mini 2 is no longer working, sorry.
But it does seem inevitable, the more complexity and features they add, the more processor and ram required. I'm seeing some of the same issues with my devices. Don't work as smoothly as they used to.
I'm sorry it was an identical HTC One replacement. I'll edit that

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5, not a new phone, but it has the horsepower to do all I need. If you plan to dedicate your device to your phantom, and not try to run a ton of other programs at the same time, you could get by with less. I'm just tired of searching for the "perfect cheap" device. The kindle Fire 6" I have works pretty well, but it has no GPS or mapping. I just figured I stop 'collecting' tablets and buy something decent for a change, 8'' screen, etc.
MSinger's phantom help site has this:
Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31