It is worrisome and, sadly, quite valid

Reaction score
Homeland Security bulletin warns of weaponized drones and threat to aviation

President or other high level soft target is gonna do a speech at GPS location x,y
Buy used drone with cash in town far from home and target. Never register, handle with gloves, remove SD card.

Attach highly frangible IED device to bottom. Use Litchi to plot one way flight route from a spot 5 miles away, perhaps just a rest area on nearby freeway. Launch, Reformat, then destroy tablet (without cellular) that was used to fly, Drive away. Fly Programmed route at over at 1400 feet and 45 mph. At target, arm and drop and ... Democrats demand banning all drones or at least very strict drone control laws.

Scary :( let’s hope this kinda thing never ever happens.

Reactions: Hellhunter
How is this post helpful? You've just provided ideas and motivation to bad guys. This doesn't he me at all, quite the opposite, it's depressing.

Reactions: MTO
How is this post helpful? You've just provided ideas and motivation to bad guys. This doesn't he me at all, quite the opposite, it's depressing.
While I see your point... this information was broadcast on radio stations across the USA today. I'm pretty sure a forum of dedicated UAS enthusiasts is not really going to add to the problem.

I think it’s always best to address situations head on, not just hope they never occur. It’s helpful for someone to say; Nope. We can do this to prevent that!

While I see your point... this information was broadcast on radio stations across the USA today. I'm pretty sure a forum of dedicated UAS enthusiasts is not really going to add to the problem.
Yes, but I don't like to contribute to a bad idea, period. We just don't need to go there, although others do. I'm kinda conservative that way.

Huh??? I brought that subject up months ago and NOW they just mention it !!!

Its a no brainer.... Strap an explosive to a drone and do a one way litchi.

Bit of luck the smart RTH will kick in causing the drone to come back and blow the crap out of the terrorist lol

What it does is makes it harder for all of us pilots. We go out to fly, and some CNN, FOX newsy having just read the articles and is all paranoidly phone in hand to the FBI or NSA screaming at us that we have no right to fly......anywhere.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Does Litchi have a 'detonate device' option on their waypoint settings? I can't find it..
It's the programmable C2 option.... Crap, there are black suv's pulling up........

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic