It is Possible ? Sony RX100 II

Reaction score
I Can´t found the Sony RX100 II Repair Manual to find the internal wifi connexion but will be possible ?
Posible.jpg

Re: It is Possible ?

LandYachtMedia said:
Are you asking if the wifi connection is possible or if the Phantom will lift the weight of the camera?

Lift is not a problem, is the wifi power of the Sony RX100II...

juarboleda said:
LandYachtMedia said:
Are you asking if the wifi connection is possible or if the Phantom will lift the weight of the camera?

Lift is not a problem, is the wifi power of the Sony RX100II...

Juan, did you ever find out about the wifi range ? I was thinking of a wifi extender. I do not know how they work. If they can be on the recording end (the ground) or whether it would have to be attached to the camera in the air which would probably mean it would be too heavy.

Yes it works !!!

My 3D drawn mount:

IMG_2205kl.jpg

and the TP Link TL WA701-ND, used in the Bridge Mode . The distance it works I will find out .

With such a weak wifi transmitter on the rx-100-Ii, you'll probably need the repeater on the phantom than the ground.

Santosh said:
Yes it works !!!

My 3D drawn mount:

and the TP Link TL WA701-ND, used in the Bridge Mode . The distance it works I will find out .

Very good work! I can`t found the Sony rx100II Service Manual yet, to open the camera and search the wifi pigtail connector to put antenna, waiting for range test thank you.

I'm looking to do the same thing as you with the RX100II, and this weekend I'm going to run some tests (on the ground) to see how far I can get with the stock in-camera antenna and an extender. I don't expect I'll get very far, but it's worth a try.

I did find a manual for the original RX-100 which should at least help with the disassembly - assuming I get brave enough to take apart a perfectly good II for a lookaround. :shock:

Looking forward to getting my results and yours as well. Having the ability to control the RX and switch modes from the ground would be awesome. Now we just need to find a way to insert OSD into the camera's live-view stream and we'd be all set!

Geoff

Best way to do this is using a regular Phantom 2 and a 5.8ghz fpv setup. DroneExpert also makes a custom setup for this camera along with shutter control.

BenDronePilot said:
Best way to do this is using a regular Phantom 2 and a 5.8ghz fpv setup. DroneExpert also makes a custom setup for this camera along with shutter control.

Heck, if they pull this off, this will be the best way... cheaper, simpler and lighter, yet with full control of the camera through its official app.

BenDronePilot said:

But the problem is zero camera control, other than shutter. Not that the "Play Memories" app is a whole lot better, but at least you can switch between stills and video and control zoom.

If Sony would just take the QX-100 and give it an external antenna/power connection and upgrade the app for full camera control, it would be a huge hit.

Geoff

Santosh said:
I found a shutter control for the Sony RX100, they told me, the RC one will be avaible the next days ?

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/multi.htm

Does anyone see a brushless gimbal for the Sony?

Hotdamn, I was real excited til I saw the cost!! 100 pounds for a piece of cable??
(and there's only RX-100-II listed there... so much for making use of my trusty RX-100)

I checked the WIFI range on my II today in a wide open field with no other WIFI around. The best I could do connecting my iPhone to the camera and still seeing a moving image on the phone was about 75 feet, and at that distance it was flaky. Really wasn't consistently stable past about 40 feet.

Haven't had a chance yet to try a WIFI extender and see if it helps, but I've about resigned myself to having to open up the RX and see if I can find an antenna connection.

Geoff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.