it happened.....

Reaction score
Was just out cruising clipped a tree crashed. Broke my camera right off the gimble :(

Now what. Totally bummed.

That will be $679.00 please!

That's it ? That's only option. I've had it maybe 3 weeks.

Surely DJI has to have a service option

You can try DJI, but their customer service is abysmal. How bad is it broke? Maybe you can get it repaired.

Ya your best bet is to buy a new gimbal/camera assembly. At least they have come down in price. Sry for your loss man. Not much else you can do about it at this point.

That's lame.

I'm even more bummed now. That's kind of ridiculous.

That's lame.

I'm even more bummed now. That's kind of ridiculous.

mixstreme said:
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order-quickrelease-dronin-for-dji-phantom-2-vision/
Check this out its a cheaper and more sensible solution to getting a new gimbal for vision +

I think you will find out that the quickrelease and supported camera and gimbal is not that cheap of an alternative. I would contact a third party repair company like
http://atkdrones.com/ that may fix it a lot cheaper.

RB

You could also put the assembly back together as described in this thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20514
and buy an $85 black cable and install it yourself. There is also a thread on that. These things happen and learning how to fix some of the problems yourself is a lot cheaper than $679.

Good Luck.

Agree with red baron on price although I am considering the dronexpert route to get what I want. Dronexpert kit and 3d gimbal without camera is about same price as v+ cam replacement. But you can add a better camera and get 7th channel.

I had the same thing happen - bought a new cable and the camera worked again - but the gimbal never did. Nothing I coould do (including the article mentionned) would stop the gimbal flop.

Bought a new camera/gimbal...

If I put a new gymble on it will be the DJI.

Is there any braces /supports to prevent this from happening? seems even a minor hard landing would cause the arms to separate.

mixstreme said:
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order-quickrelease-dronin-for-dji-phantom-2-vision/
Check this out its a cheaper and more sensible solution to getting a new gimbal for vision +

Not quite sure why people keep presenting this as a cheaper option?

Its $389 + $50 for the proper gimbal adapter.
$379 for a Zenmuse H3-3D.
$200-400 for a GoPro.

If you go for the GoPro Black - $1218 (+shipping)

You lose the ability to control the camera in the air.
In a crash, you risk breaking ALL of the devices.

i have no desire to use an aftermarket gimble, im going to contact a few places that say they can repair it, if that doesnt work ill just buy a new gimble. i dont want to be out of the air for then a couple weeks. i have 6 batteries and use them all every day , probably have 100 flights on my bird in the few short weeks ive owned it.

was filmingg my friend riding his motorcycle, only fell maybe 13 feet but landed on the endge of the curb. Arm is bent pretty good and whats left attatched to the bird is frozen up as well. chances are ill be buying a new DJI gimble. there has to be some sort of brackets or braces for it to protect against this happening. i refuse to allow this to happen to me again! lol

im shocked that i just received an email from DJI asking for my receipt and purchase place information already. hopefully they give me some good news. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair